+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manager Appointment

Manager Appointment

Just heard on the Radio Albion hope to have a manager in place by the end of June.
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Just heard on the Radio Albion hope to have a manager in place by the end of June.
    Unbelievable.
    Round and round of interviews only for Dowling to say “ we have explored every avenue and Appleton is the best options as he knows the club inside and out”

Joke of a club!

Yeah June 2020

Unbelievable.
    You might have misheard. They might have said that they're giving the job to June. No one else wants it so June out of catering is getting it.

Unbelievable.
    Which year did they say Splinter?

We only went off the boil a bit from when Appleton joined...the man is a failure full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    We only went off the boil a bit from when Appleton joined...the man is a failure full stop.
    A better option and an experienced manager should have been lined up when DM was sacked - full stop!

We have dithered around and still dithering around. If Shan or Appleton are appointed full time the club can go f uck themselves as far as I’m concerned.

Jenkins and Dowling are a disgrace. Trust me Dowling says - I would rather trust Corbyn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    A better option and an experienced manager should have been lined up when DM was sacked - full stop!

We have dithered around and still dithering around. If Shan or Appleton are appointed full time the club can go f uck themselves as far as I’m concerned.

Jenkins and Dowling are a disgrace. Trust me Dowling says - I would rather trust Corbyn!!!
    Fair comment, any person with any business acumen would have had everything in place, only, in this case there was pressure to fire Darren Moore from the fan base, who saw Darren Moore failing. We did not improve upon his departure, with the same squad! We still ended 4th, same position as when he was axed, having lost a couple of should have won games after he did go!

We did not gain promotion without Darren Moore. Would we have done so had he been allowed to complete what he had started? We will never know.

What we do know is Darren Moore was sacked, after nearly saving us, beyond all odds, from relegation the previous season and then, sustaining a top six place throughout most of this season. He was pushed out of the club which was under pressure from a section of its fan base, who it appears, expected or demanded an instant return to the top table. Look where those rash decisions have got us.

So the board are to blame, they made the decision, however, I think some of West Broms fan base have to look closer to home as to why the board came to the decision to let Big Dave go.

That is my take on it, albeit, I have little, if any faith, in our current owner or board.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 31-05-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Fair comment, any person with any business acumen would have had everything in place, only, in this case there was pressure to fire Darren Moore from the fan base, who saw Darren Moore failing. We did not improve upon his departure, with the same squad! We still ended 4th, same position as when he was axed, having lost a couple of should have won games after he did go!

We did not gain promotion without Darren Moore. Would we have done so had he been allowed to complete what he had started? We will never know.

What we do know is Darren Moore was sacked, after nearly saving us, beyond all odds, from relegation the previous season and then, sustaining a top six place throughout most of this season. He was pushed out of the club which was under pressure from a section of its fan base, who it appears, expected or demanded an instant return to the top table. Look where those rash decisions have got us.

So the board are to blame, they made the decision, however, I think some of West Broms fan base have to look closer to home as to why the board came to the decision to let Big Dave go.

That is my take on it, albeit, I have little, if any faith, in our current owner or board.

I agree. DM whilst loved did not help himself though. Every supporter can accept mistakes but even when DM left - he said he would not have changed anything!! Playing three at the back - wrong selections - jobs for mates - Gayle on the wing - no plan B - poor subs and an assistant appearing to have more sway. We lost the FA Cup match at home which we should have won - partly down to DM. Fourth many will say - but with the squad we had, many would expect this! Shan was DM mark 2 and did OK - but not experienced - not much change. Some could say why not keep momentum going into the final games - why did we not go to Vile to win - why the indiscipline of three players sent off in three games on the trot! Whilst this was clearly the players actions - does an experienced manager not communicate the importance of discipline in any job!

I bet a bottom dollar Middlesbrough appoint a proven experienced manager where we go for the cheap option. Again f uckin around now with recruitment!!! What does the message say to a decent manager - the club can’t afford a player again who gets you 25 goals a season like Gayle? HRK must be licking his lips and he’s absolute s hite!!!

Sadly, we are a club in free fall with zero ambition. I wish the worst for Lai, Jenkins and Dowling - I really do!!! Trust us they say - I say go to hell!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 31-05-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree. DM whilst loved did not help himself though. Every supporter can accept mistakes but even when DM left - he said he would not have changed anything!! Playing three at the back - wrong selections - jobs for mates - Gayle on the wing - no plan B - poor subs and an assistant appearing to have more sway. We lost the FA Cup match at home which we should have won - partly down to DM. Fourth many will say - but with the squad we had, many would expect this! Shan was DM mark 2 and did OK - but not experienced - not much change. Some could say why not keep momentum going into the final games - why did we not go to Vile to win - why the indiscipline of three players sent off in three games on the trot! Whilst this was clearly the players actions - does an experienced manager not communicate the importance of discipline in any job!

I bet a bottom dollar Middlesbrough appoint a proven experienced manager where we go for the cheap option. Again f uckin around now with recruitment!!! What does the message say to a decent manager - the club can’t afford a player again who gets you 25 goals a season like Gayle? HRK must be licking his lips and he’s absolute s hite!!!

Sadly, we are a club in free fall with zero ambition. I wish the worst for Lai, Jenkins and Dowling - I really do!!! Trust us they say - I say go to hell!!!
    PS - as for DM - I wish him well but he needs to reflect on the mistakes that were made which everyone makes but saying -“ I would not have changed anything “ is just bollox. His next job he needs to think carefully before recruiting a good number 2 so command and instruction are not compromised!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)