+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best in Europe

Best in Europe

Apparently the plan is similar to Dr x plan. They want Villa to be one of the best clubs in Europe. Exiting news! Could be a fruitful summer.

Its a 5 year plan but at least they have money, unlike Xia.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Apparently the plan is similar to Dr x plan. They want Villa to be one of the best clubs in Europe. Exiting news! Could be a fruitful summer.
    That might take well into Autumn to achieve Bongo !

Unless we axe Dean & appoint Harry Potter as head coach

5 years sounds about right. However money doesn't guaranty success as we saw the summer Sherwood and the board wasted millions and got us relegated.
    Astute signing needed. I think the plan is to buy players 22/23 years old. Old enough to throw into the 1st 11 but young enough for the value to increase when there 27/28 and in there prime.
    That's the plan I guess. Buy top European youngsters and Gareth Barry Maybe?

Not being funny but I hate reading there kinda things n cringed when xia said it tbh

Let’s just find are feet in pl for now

LETS not buy old villa players, too old, too expensive, and won't give us anything new.

5 years sounds about right. However money doesn't guaranty success as we saw the summer Sherwood and the board wasted millions and got us relegated.
    Astute signing needed. I think the plan is to buy players 22/23 years old. Old enough to throw into the 1st 11 but young enough for the value to increase when there 27/28 and in there prime.
    Bong, young and hungry went with Lambert. You may get away with it in the championship but not the prem......notice what i said then? Prem, aarrhh sounds good yar?
    No, we need proven quality. We need the spine right first. Not sure but i would give Steer a go....Mings if we can get him back, grealish, super JMG and if we cannot prize Tammy from Chelsea then Maupay from Brentford.

Oh and drop the Barry thing now Bongo, hes a cripple with a fat ass now!

Premiership via playoffs has been the death knoll for the vast majority of teams. Lets survive our first season back and build from there. The crap I've been reading (not here) about spending 100m and challenging for Europe made me cringe.

Ahh, now I remember why I came back, to bring back all the spending numbers from that era...

Btw Bongo, did you ever keep that promise from our wager three years ago?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)