+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup Cricket Thread

Too many crash, bang wallop players. Only Root is reliable (usually).
    If 2 or 3 of them don't get a big innings we're stuffed.
    I expected trouble against the Aussies, but Sri Lanka & Pakistan are no great shakes.
    I couldn't believe Morgan said it wasn't a big blow losing to Sri Lanka.
    It was to me.

You have to give the Aussie bowler's credit thou , some deliveries were unplayable, i thought we were lucky in the end to reach 200+ , scoreline flattered us at the finish , anyone fancy us to beat New Zealand and India ? Must be some decent odds on us winning both games

World number 1 so must have a chance.
    Best price you can get on winning the World Cup is 7/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    You have to give the Aussie bowler's credit thou , some deliveries were unplayable, i thought we were lucky in the end to reach 200+ , scoreline flattered us at the finish , anyone fancy us to beat New Zealand and India ? Must be some decent odds on us winning both games
    Possibly beat New Zealand but not sure we can overcome India .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Agree, Aussies bowled well and credit to em. Difference between the sides is that we bowled and fielded shyte for those first 20 overs and it cost us. Had they been 3 wickets down early on (which they should've been with the conditions)they wouldn't have posted 285.

This England side clearly aren't as good as they've been billed. Having said that, there's no outstanding side in the tournament imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree, Aussies bowled well and credit to em. Difference between the sides is that we bowled and fielded shyte for those first 20 overs and it cost us. Had they been 3 wickets down early on (which they should've been with the conditions)they wouldn't have posted 285.

This England side clearly aren't as good as they've been billed. Having said that, there's no outstanding side in the tournament imo.
    285 wasn't that big a target Pass , some moronic batting from Morgan and Bairstow rocked us .

Both were out to really bad shot selection , all we needed was some sensible batting .

The bowlers did really well to limit Oz to that total after the solid start they made , put us right back in the contest .

Top weight on now to qualify and heads will roll if we don't .

Our World cup hopes are over yet again FFS!.
    If we're very lucky we'll finish 4th though, and then we'll get torn a new one in the Qtrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Our World cup hopes are over yet again FFS!.
    If we're very lucky we'll finish 4th though, and then we'll get torn a new one in the Qtrs.
    Semi's ,

Yes of course kid, the last 4 is the Semi's isn't!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    285 wasn't that big a target Pass , some moronic batting from Morgan and Bairstow rocked us .

Both were out to really bad shot selection , all we needed was some sensible batting .

The bowlers did really well to limit Oz to that total after the solid start they made , put us right back in the contest .

Top weight on now to qualify and heads will roll if we don't .
    The Aussies gave most of their wickets away cheaply in fairness rather than good bowling. We let the Aussie opening batsmen off the hook with some poor bowling in the first 20 odd overs. The conditions were perfect for early wickets, humid and overcast and we didn't capitalise on it. Shyte.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast