+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup Cricket Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official World Cup Cricket Thread

Good start by England with an easy opening day win over South Africa .

Ben Stokes had a good day with bat n ball and took an absolute cracker of a catch on the boundary .

Archer bowling at 90mph was impressive and he bounced one of the top order SA batsman out .

Good stuff , next up Pakistan on Monday .

It can hopefully still get better , got my doubts abart certain player's , don't need to mention them just now ! Good luck , it's time Our Country won some Silverwear , anyone fo Nipsy ,,

That catch, unbelievable! Just gets better the more times you see it. Excellent start by England, the favourites tag adds pressure but these boys look well equipped to deal with that.

West Indies making short work of a very poor Pakistan who barely broke a ton and were bowled out , a cardinal sin in one day cricket .

Yep thats a cracking start by us against a more than handy South Africa team, who we made look average on the day.
    Pakistan next and they are also no mugs of course...

But I really do have to go along with the 'experts' at the moment, who are saying we're favourites to win this!.

And if we don't win it this time, on home soil - in our own back gardens, and in the current form we're in, then we'll never win it to be honest. No pressure though eh lads lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yep thats a cracking start by us against a more than handy South Africa team, who we made look average on the day.
    Pakistan next and they are also no mugs of course...

But I really do have to go along with the 'experts' at the moment, who are saying we're favourites to win this!.

And if we don't win it this time, on home soil - in our own back gardens, and in the current form we're in, then we'll never win it to be honest. No pressure though eh lads lol.
    The format as it is should see the four best teams make the semi final but once you get down to one off one day contests in cricket anything can happen .

That's the danger of course , a bad 10 overs with either bat or ball could take the world cup away from you .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The format as it is should see the four best teams make the semi final but once you get down to one off one day contests in cricket anything can happen .
    That's the danger of course , a bad 10 overs with either bat or ball could take the world cup away from you .
    One day cricket has got its critics of course, but it can be some of the most exciting set of minutes in sport when it comes down to a run chase, and its a run a ball etc and the wickets are falling.

If we blow it again this year, I hope its not in the Final again!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    One day cricket has got its critics of course, but it can be some of the most exciting set of minutes in sport when it comes down to a run chase, and its a run a ball etc and the wickets are falling.

If we blow it again this year, I hope its not in the Final again!.
    That's the difference with Test Cricket , you can have a couple of poor sessions and still win or draw the game .

I see the different formats of the game for what they are and don't see one day cricket as detrimental to the longer format .

Test cricket still has it's place and the Ashes are still where its at for me but I do enjoy the one day format .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's the difference with Test Cricket , you can have a couple of poor sessions and still win or draw the game .

I see the different formats of the game for what they are and don't see one day cricket as detrimental to the longer format .

Test cricket still has it's place and the Ashes are still where its at for me but I do enjoy the one day format .
    Agreed, nothing stokes the fire quite like the Ashes but the 50 over game has a bit of everything. Thing is, like any other knockout style or format of game, the best team doesn't always prevail. There's no doubting whatsoever that over a test series, the best team wins. 50 over game can be a different story

Bangladesh beat South Africa by 21 runs after posting a very credible 330 .

South Africa start with back to back defeats .

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast