+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup Cricket Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Bit harsh that for me that mate, long way to go and the next games are against the better sides will be a better gauge of our credentials for winning this tournament. Poor performance today but it were a difficult batting pitch for me. Dint see Sri Lanka innings but we struggled big time in the crease. Boundaries were scarce and the amount of swings with misses suggests an uneven/slow bounce. We couldn't cope with Malinga who bowled well. We dint deserve owt today, well played Sri Lanka
    I've seen us put under pressure 3 times of late Pass .

The warm up game against Australia and against Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the world cup , all three were lost and in all three we were batting second and feeling the heat because wickets began to fall .

Nobody could see it through and stay at the crease when the heat was turned up .

If we allow Australia or India to put 350 on the board in a semi final they will beat us in my opinion

That's if we even make the semi final , got some tough games to come now .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've seen us put under pressure 3 times of late Pass .

The warm up game against Australia and against Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the world cup , all three were lost and in all three we were batting second and feeling the heat because wickets began to fall .

Nobody could see it through and stay at the crease when the heat was turned up .

If we allow Australia or India to put 350 on the board in a semi final they will beat us in my opinion

That's if we even make the semi final , got some tough games to come now .

A think wiv always struggled under pressure, nowt new theear. However, It should also be pointed out that should we bat first then we are very capable of setting a very good score. Personally I can't see us winning it but owt can happen in a one day international cricket. Things just need to go your way to win a tournament

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolute pile of shyte , no target set what so ever by Sri Lanka .

India and Australia look far better than we do so far .

Another set of bottlers representing the nation at a major tournament .

Same shyte , different sport .
    watched India stumble over the line against lowly Afganistan earlier having posted a low batting total. It emphasises my point about where England are at. Yes, a couple of poor performances by us in this world cup but we certainly aint alone on that score

It worries me now though that we/England are going to struggle to even make the top 4 and knockout stages.
    In our remaining group matches we've got to play the arguably 'best other' 3 teams in Australia, India, & N.Zealand. Its going to be a real struggle for us to make 4th in this 10 team tournament!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It worries me now though that we/England are going to struggle to even make the top 4 and knockout stages.
    In our remaining group matches we've got to play the arguably 'best other' 3 teams in Australia, India, & N.Zealand. Its going to be a real struggle for us to make 4th in this 10 team tournament!!.

We'll be reight. We'll beat Aussies 2mora if we bat first. That'll see us thru

Ope tha reyt Pass, heavy thundery rain forecast tommora , will wun point be enuff , ( iffits rained off ? ) am hopin so

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We'll be reight. We'll beat Aussies 2mora if we bat first. That'll see us thru
    Conditions definitely suited to bowling this morning at Lords. If we can win toss it's a no brainer to put Aussies in to bat first. First hour could well see some wickets fall. Conditions improving as day goes on but I don't think there'll be high scoring by any means. With the conditions and pitch 250/270 could be a winning score. Patience and savvy required today to beat these fekkers. Just hoping we win the toss.

Another brilliant effort from Moen.
    What's the point? Diversity?
    His batting & bowling have both gone to pot and he could never field.

Easily Beaten grrrr, , Stokes did well , he had a good knock, otherwise fielding and batting was shocking , Aussies were worthy winners , got some pain on nar reaching Semi's

Bunch of bottling w@nkers , number one in the world my @ss .

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast