+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

The teams in for him is a fact. The amount offered may not be exact.

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    I know it to be fact from a source. That said , facts can change in football. I am not trying to be a mysterious know all but just wanted to share it with fellow fans and not disclose how i know whats going on as that would be unfair to the person.
    So it's not fact, it's rumour, unless and until the club confirms the facts, which they won't until they have to.

Click bait, nothing more nothing less.

No mate the clubs in for him are a fact. Forgot to say that if Bielsa had gone then he suggested he would do also.

14m in this day and age? Dream on. A young English player with the season he has had is 25m+

I think Bielsa will have also said to Radrizzani that Phillips leaves under no circumstances as he is basically the most important cog in the Bielsa machine.

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    14 mill even that cnut Adrian Durham thinks he is worth a punt at 20 million for man city i would take 20 plus million 10 million for pontus the show pony 3 million if some idiot wants tory boy add 5 million to that
    And give it to Bielsa to get us up Top Striker needed
    You'd sell Phillips, Jansson and Bamford to buy a striker? two of our three players of the years to get one player? What happens then when we are weak at the back and have no link between attack and defence

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I know there's no loyalty in football and money does talk, but for once you'd like to think that how these players imploded and pressed the self destruct button at the end they would all stay one more season and put right their wrongs......I don't rate my chances of that happening.

Like Chris Wood did lol

I think Phillips will stay personally UNLESS someone ridiculous like Liverpool, Spurs, City etc came in for him. Spurs honestly wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get him and Clarke together as a double deal giving us some ****house in return.

Bournemouth have some spending power Joel. I guess they all do. But Bournemouth recruit young English talent and that isnt a hard sell for many. Including Lewis Cook who was sold and enjoyed the 38.5k per week he went on immediately.
    I dont know the facts behing the sums offered as i stated but an opening bid of 14 million seems believable to me. I do agree he is worth more.
    The buying clubs also know we are skint and have a recemt history of being a selling club. I can understand them trying it on.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    You'd sell Phillips, Jansson and Bamford to buy a striker? two of our three players of the years to get one player? What happens then when we are weak at the back and have no link between attack and defence
    I said a top striker needed phillips and show pony can be replaced Flint at boro is 10 times the player of pontus as for tory boy he can piss off today for sixpence he is not fit to wear the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    I said a top striker needed phillips and show pony can be replaced Flint at boro is 10 times the player of pontus as for tory boy he can piss off today for sixpence he is not fit to wear the shirt

........ maybe a few should lay off certain players .......................

Bamford is a very good forward who can get better with a run of games and will be an asset for the team long term.
    Luxury ?
    No,an incentive loaded contract does't break the bank.

Yes he's had injury issues this season, but still managed to score a few goals and did look good when he was fit and half decent when he came back early from a nasty acute PCL complicated by a chronic tear injury upon that return for the record.Regardless,that and his private issues was enough for Mick McCarthy to try and tempt him to represent the Republic if delicate conditions were met from all parties including Leeds.Just saying like for consideration .........

Bielsa has in brief spells played him also as an attacking midfielder to good effect,not everyones cup of tea but Defo a role for him to nichè out ,IMO.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    ........ maybe a few should lay off certain players .......................

Bamford is a very good forward who can get better with a run of games and will be an asset for the team long term.
    Luxury ?
    No,an incentive loaded contract does't break the bank.

Yes he's had injury issues this season, but still managed to score a few goals and did look good when he was fit and half decent when he came back early from a nasty acute PCL complicated by a chronic tear injury upon that return for the record.Regardless,that and his private issues was enough for Mick McCarthy to try and tempt him to represent the Republic if delicate conditions were met from all parties including Leeds.Just saying like for consideration .........

Bielsa has in brief spells played him also as an attacking midfielder to good effect,not everyones cup of tea but Defo a role for him to nichè out ,IMO.

MOT
    Bamford is a very good forward
    Attacking midfielder
    Ffs what you drinking

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)