Get your very own personalised The Gelderd End gifts!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Bielsa wanted Casilla.
    Oh, and if you happen to be right, you make my point for me, don't you, given that clowns performance both before and during the playoffs?

    Go back a few months, to when the great white hope was being wooed, when almost everyone was saying how much better he would be, how much we needed him, how he would be the keeper we have been seeking since before "Flapper" was shown the door.

    Almost everyone. Care to hazard a guess who was suggesting Reals cast-off wasn't required? Go on, you know you want to.

  2. #42
    What am i thinking? of course your opinion is worth more than Bielsa´s.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    What am i thinking? of course your opinion is worth more than Bielsa´s.
    Ok, so you say Bielsa "wanted Casilla" and you know full well that I didn't, having consistently maintained that BPF was perfectly capable of doing the job of No. 1 keeper.

    It's not about opinions though, is it? Today's game is about statistics, data, analysis, so chew on this for a while;

    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...rrell-16289403

    Add to that analysis the fact (not opinion), that the injuries to the defensive line-up prior to Casillas arrival meant that the stability of the defensive formations post Christmas was greater than pre, AND that we spent the better part of £5m in release fees and wages for the Real Madrid reject, AND that his transfer was (supposedly) the most significant development during the last transfer window, yes I'd say that on this occasion if on no other my judgement was correct and proven so over the latter half of the season.

    You would disagree with the facts?

  4. #44
    nowt to do with that, my opinion is not important, what im saying is that all stats aside, your opinion is much more important than Bielsa´s he wanted Casilla, you didnt, your the expert, Bielsa is clearly a tool, so lets get rid of Casilla....wouldnt want to disagree with you

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    nowt to do with that, my opinion is not important, what im saying is that all stats aside, your opinion is much more important than Bielsa´s he wanted Casilla, you didnt, your the expert, Bielsa is clearly a tool, so lets get rid of Casilla....wouldnt want to disagree with you
    You need to get out more.

    No man is infallible (not even me!), so questioning decision in any walk of life is not just inevitable, it's *****.

    Agree with me or not, the facts produced by others would suggest that not only was getting Casilla a wasted investment, there is a good case for getting rid.

    Oh and one other pint regarding the analysis, BPF was playing more frequently during his stint as No. 1 keeper as we were (albeit briefly) involved in cup competitions as well as the league, something Casilla didn't need to bother his head with.

    As I said earlier, you'd pick any argument just to have a dig at me, not sure why, must be some kind if obsession, you poor fella.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Btw the but that got asterisks wasn't a swear word , it was v I t a l. Daft system

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,829
    Anyone know the name of the hot milf that is in the pop up window that appears on this thread?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,213
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You need to get out more.

    No man is infallible (not even me!), so questioning decision in any walk of life is not just inevitable, it's *****.

    Agree with me or not, the facts produced by others would suggest that not only was getting Casilla a wasted investment, there is a good case for getting rid.

    Oh and one other pint regarding the analysis, BPF was playing more frequently during his stint as No. 1 keeper as we were (albeit briefly) involved in cup competitions as well as the league, something Casilla didn't need to bother his head with.

    As I said earlier, you'd pick any argument just to have a dig at me, not sure why, must be some kind if obsession, you poor fella.
    It was weird how you weren't posting as much when we were winning but suddenly you're on every 5 minutes now a) a player has had a bad run of performances and b) we've lost the playoffs.

    Are you going to do this negative ****e all summer because I'll just remove the forum from my tabs until season starts again if so.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It was weird how you weren't posting as much when we were winning but suddenly you're on every 5 minutes now a) a player has had a bad run of performances and b) we've lost the playoffs.

    Are you going to do this negative ****e all summer because I'll just remove the forum from my tabs until season starts again if so.
    Err, you do know that the season ended about 2 months ago?

    The original thread title referred to Phillips and I think you'll find most of my responses until BB weighed in were positive.

    Any negativity followed BBs somewhat fanciful assertion that I was criticising Bielsa for suggesting Cassila might not have been the best use of funds during the transfer window (and making it clear that the decision to do so came from in high). It's not just me who thinks similarly, and the stats I supplied for BB to ponder would bear the criticism out.

    As for this being negative sh1te, perhaps we should all just play happy families, ignore what's in front if us and how for better next time round?. Maybe instead of suggesting those who differ from your view on the particular subject (whatever that view is), should shut up, maybe you would care to take the trouble to debate, after all, isn't that what a forum is for?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Err, you do know that the season ended about 2 months ago?

    The original thread title referred to Phillips and I think you'll find most of my responses until BB weighed in were positive.

    Any negativity followed BBs somewhat fanciful assertion that I was criticising Bielsa for suggesting Cassila might not have been the best use of funds during the transfer window (and making it clear that the decision to do so came from in high). It's not just me who thinks similarly, and the stats I supplied for BB to ponder would bear the criticism out.

    As for this being negative sh1te, perhaps we should all just play happy families, ignore what's in front if us and how for better next time round?. Maybe instead of suggesting those who differ from your view on the particular subject (whatever that view is), should shut up, maybe you would care to take the trouble to debate, after all, isn't that what a forum is for?

    Que sera sera - no point having a go at fellow fans just because they have a different POV. Forums would be flat if everyone agreed. It’s fine you disagree but you don’t have to try ‘win’ every time someone does not conform to your views.

    Embrace the disparity - viva la difference!

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Que sera sera - no point having a go at fellow fans just because they have a different POV. Forums would be flat if everyone agreed. It’s fine you disagree but you don’t have to try ‘win’ every time someone does not conform to your views.

    Embrace the disparity - viva la difference!
    Errr.....please go back through the thread and establish who was "having a go" at who, and at what point, and who (predictably) joined in before suggesting it should be me who should be "embracing the disparity", ok?

  12. #52
    It’s summer, I’m chilled, just saying don’t get stressed and you don’t have to respond to every point leaving points juxtaposed side by side for the masses to decide might be easier - just saying.

  13. #53
    PS hope all is as well as it can be with the personal stuff

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    PS hope all is as well as it can be with the personal stuff
    It's not, and won't be I'm afraid to say, but as you say, que sera sera.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It's not, and won't be I'm afraid to say, but as you say, que sera sera.
    Very sorry to hear that WTF, nothing can be said really, but best wishes anyway.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Very sorry to hear that WTF, nothing can be said really, but best wishes anyway.
    Appreciated OWT, Had lots of the same from friends and family, if I could bottle it all and kill the sh1tty pernicious evil that is cancer, she would still be with us.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Appreciated OWT, Had lots of the same from friends and family, if I could bottle it all and kill the sh1tty pernicious evil that is cancer, she would still be with us.
    Sorry to hear that fella.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    846
    My utmost sympathy goes to anyone that is dealing with or has dealt with the effects of cancer in any capacity. Its so horrible to see someone you love, withering away in so much pain, it is just so cruel and unjust.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,183
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    My utmost sympathy goes to anyone that is dealing with or has dealt with the effects of cancer in any capacity. Its so horrible to see someone you love, withering away in so much pain, it is just so cruel and unjust.
    Amen

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,107
    Sorry to hear WTF.

    Thoughts go out to anyone who are battling this evil disease..my old man has been in remission just over a year now..he is one of the lucky ones.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •