+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    ........ maybe a few should lay off certain players .......................

Bamford is a very good forward who can get better with a run of games and will be an asset for the team long term.
    Luxury ?
    No,an incentive loaded contract does't break the bank.

Yes he's had injury issues this season, but still managed to score a few goals and did look good when he was fit and half decent when he came back early from a nasty acute PCL complicated by a chronic tear injury upon that return for the record.Regardless,that and his private issues was enough for Mick McCarthy to try and tempt him to represent the Republic if delicate conditions were met from all parties including Leeds.Just saying like for consideration .........

Bielsa has in brief spells played him also as an attacking midfielder to good effect,not everyones cup of tea but Defo a role for him to nichè out ,IMO.

MOT
    Sorry Mrs O, but any Leeds player who pretends to have been hit in th face in order to try to get an opposition player punished is not worthy of the shirt (that diving South American idiot falls into the same category). And to do the same again when coming back from a well-deserved suspension in a game that just might have led to our promotion this season just caps what is a hugely unacceptable set of performances.

He isn't worthy of the shirt and he isn't worth any wages at all. He should go, for nothing if necessary, and I suspect most Leeds fans would give him a lift out of ER no matter where he was going nor how far.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry Mrs O, but any Leeds player who pretends to have been hit in th face in order to try to get an opposition player punished is not worthy of the shirt (that diving South American idiot falls into the same category). And to do the same again when coming back from a well-deserved suspension in a game that just might have led to our promotion this season just caps what is a hugely unacceptable set of performances.

He isn't worthy of the shirt and he isn't worth any wages at all. He should go, for nothing if necessary, and I suspect most Leeds fans would give him a lift out of ER no matter where he was going nor how far.
    Its the closing of the eyes when he goes in for a challenge tells me he is a fraud

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Bamford is a very good forward
    Attacking midfielder
    Ffs what you drinking
    ......... drinking chilled Normandy cider admittedly but .......................
    As ever time will tell regarding Bam-bam but as with all strikers he needs service,intelligent service delivered to his prefered areas.Hell,when at Boro he scared the Bejesus out of us ...........
    I've never had the luxury of seeing UK Tv Leeds player replays and constant re-runs of analysis of chances but do have the regular opportunity of seeing his games over 90 minutes and conclude his movement within the team will reap reward when he's fully fit and gets the service Bielsa's trying to provide for him.
    As for his silly antic ?
    Fair point but others within the squad have had their silly moments too I recall and will no doubt learn quickly for their misdemeanours in the heat of battle.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Bamford is a very good forward
    Attacking midfielder
    Ffs what you drinking
    You may turn out to be right about Bamford, but I find it frustrating and amusing that you are saying such things on this thread.

This time last year, people were speaking the same way about Philips.

Players can improve/mature, particularly in a supportive environment. If Bielsa wants to keep Bamford, then I will support that decision and see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighdsunited View Post
    You may turn out to be right about Bamford, but I find it frustrating and amusing that you are saying such things on this thread.

This time last year, people were speaking the same way about Philips.

Players can improve/mature, particularly in a supportive environment. If Bielsa wants to keep Bamford, then I will support that decision and see where it takes us.
    Wrong.

This time last year people were saying Phillips had to mature, and they were right and under Bielsa he has.

Bamford has had plenty of opportunities in senior positions at a number of club's and despite having Bielsas influence at Leeds he remains juvenile, childish, lacking in commitment and decisiveness and all too willing to disgrace himself and the great club we follow with his histrionics and play-acting.

He does not deserve to be given any more opportunities, and should join that other over-paid waste of space Harrison on the way out permanently of the Leeds changing room.

Not disagreeing with you on that, just think it's quite a blunt way of putting it, better to say we could have better players than them in those positions 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Not disagreeing with you on that, just think it's quite a blunt way of putting it, better to say we could have better players than them in those positions 😂😂😂😂
    Wtf is wrong with being direct ( or blunt, if that's really what you think I was being)?

They (as with all Leeds 1st team players, justespecially so in their case), are paid a kings ransom to play football, and if they aren't up to the job (as Bamford and Harrison clearly aren't) then why should fans who ultimately pay those ransom not express themselves plainly?

Neither player deserves to play for Leeds ever again, is that blunt enough?

Coming through loud and clear rubber duck, on a serious note, can you actually see bielsa getting rid of bamford, for one reason I can't see Leeds recouping the £7 million, and also I actually think bielsa believes in him if he's injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Coming through loud and clear rubber duck, on a serious note, can you actually see bielsa getting rid of bamford, for one reason I can't see Leeds recouping the £7 million, and also I actually think bielsa believes in him if he's injury free.
    No decision on player transfers will be (or has been) at the behest of Bielsa. All have been dictated by our DoF and apparently Radrizzani is content to let that continue to be the case, despite the manifest stupidity of such a tactic (and lets not start on who was responsible for getting Bielsa to Leeds, as if Orta would be sufficiently "influential" to do that). We're told that the transfer window will be a "difficult one", we can only hope that retaining Bielsa has brought with it some semblance of sanity coloured with a sense of reality regarding just which players actually CAN add to the squad as opposed to the desperate dive to the bottom of the barrel that characterised our DoFs earlier forays into the transfer market.

We will never recoup the £7m for Bamford, nor the wages we pi55ed down the drain on Izzy Brown, nor the £51k a week we have similarly burned to no great effect on Harrison, nor the £5m or so we will have shelled out on the great white hope from Barcelona whos antics contributed (at the very least) to us failing to get promotion this season (Cassilla, unless you hadn't guessed). All expensive mistakes. If you or I made such monumental blunders in our chosen profession, they would get us sacked, but in the Alice in Wonderland world of the EFL, they get senior executives paid vast sums of money and continued ability to f00k things up, funny that, hmmm?

Any why do you come the judgement that Bielsa "believes in him" (Bamford), as opposed to having no alternatives to turn to?

Because bielsa has no alternatives, roofe, who I think is his first choice, but if he's injured or off form, there's only Roberts as the other option, he seems reluctant to let Edmondson have a go. I can't see Leeds signing a Dwight gale or suchlike so I'm afraid it seems bamford, like him or not is here to stay.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)