+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Because bielsa has no alternatives, roofe, who I think is his first choice, but if he's injured or off form, there's only Roberts as the other option, he seems reluctant to let Edmondson have a go. I can't see Leeds signing a Dwight gale or suchlike so I'm afraid it seems bamford, like him or not is here to stay.
    Then it's not that Bielsa "believes" in Bamford, but as I suggested, its because there are no alternatives, which is a whole different ball game, literally and metaphorically.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Then it's not that Bielsa "believes" in Bamford, but as I suggested, its because there are no alternatives, which is a whole different ball game, literally and metaphorically.
    WTF he has scored more goals for same amount of games his played as roofe. Those injuries are hard to come by and he had to play cause of roofes injuries. I think with an injury free pre season he may be that 20 goal striker we crave about.
    As of Roofe phillips i think they are good as gone and maybe a couple of other's so will be an intresting couple of months ahead. But with Bamf ( least of out problems) i give him the benefit of the doubt.

should be sacked for taking exactly the same squad from 13th to 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    should be sacked for taking exactly the same squad from 13th to 3rd
    You been on the sauce again BB? Where in this thread has there been any criticism of Bielsa?

You been on the sauce again BB? Where in this thread has there been any criticism of Bielsa?

I normally support players and try to see the positives but not sure about Bamford having seen him live a few times.

He clearly has talent and can score goals, often screamers, but .......

his attitude worries me a little. If he wants to play up front then he needs to be prepared to throw his body into places where he might get physically hurt and not convinced he likes doing that. The incident against Villa having watched it back a few times almost looked as is having pushed the Villa player he was scared of getting hit so feigned it before it happened. That supports my fears about being willing to put his body on the line like Roofe does.

I generally hate players feigning injury whether they play for us or not so that is a huge minus against him too.

He also seems more suited to a slower tempo of game which is not his fault but he did seem to be a bit of a we can’t sign who we really want signing.

the fact other teams have let him go so often is a worry too.

the caveat to all that is that he had a really serious injury and I suspect the club brought him back sooner that they would liked to in an ideal world. Will be interesting to see how he gets on next year with a full preseason behind him - I hope it goes well for him and us but I just have this nagging doubt from the times I have watched him this season where on a couple of occasions he looked woeful.

if he scores 30 goals next season and takes us up then great and I hope he does it.

should be sacked for taking exactly the same squad from 13th to 3rd xdxdxd
    x2

"nor the £51k a week we have similarly burned to no great effect on Harrison, nor the £5m or so we will have shelled out on the great white hope from Barcelona whos antics contributed (at the very least) to us failing to get promotion this season (Cassilla, unless you hadn't guessed). All expensive mistakes. If you or I made such monumental blunders in our chosen profession, they would get us sacked"

Bielsa played both Harrison and Casilla every game he could, so by association you are saying the man doesnt know what hes doing and should be sacked along with our shockingly bad DOF and our shoddy owner, no?

"nor the £51k a week we have similarly burned to no great effect on Harrison, nor the £5m or so we will have shelled out on the great white hope from Barcelona whos antics contributed (at the very least) to us failing to get promotion this season (Cassilla, unless you hadn't guessed). All expensive mistakes. If you or I made such monumental blunders in our chosen profession, they would get us sacked"

Bielsa played both Harrison and Casilla every game he could, so by association you are saying the man doesnt know what hes doing and should be sacked along with our shockingly bad DOF and our shoddy owner, no?
    You and others have been vociferous in your defence of Bielsa and the straightjacket he was placed in regarding new players, when the responsibility for obtaining new blood has always been placed squarely with our "shocking" (your word) DoF. I agree with you, Bielsa is unlikely to have been responsible for bringing Harrison or Cassilla to Leeds.

Neither you nor I know of what conditions were applied to Harrisons loan deal, I suspect however that there were clauses that would "influence" how much game time he would be given (something obviously lacking in the case of Izzy Brown). I'm by no means alone in suggesting that Harrison wasn't worth anywhere near the £51k/week he was being paid (by which club frankly I don't give a f00k, he wasn't worth it), nor am I alone in suggesting he was given more game time than other more deserving players (such as Shackleton).

Casilla has been with the club for only the latter half of the season, and again, neither you nor I know who was instrumental in him joining Leeds, but having spent a substantial amount of money in getting him released, and having clearly obtained his services to replace BPF as No1 keeper, its hardly surprising that he was used as often as his availability allowed.

Paying those sort of monies to players (I believe Harrison was the highest earning 1st team player for 2018/19, Casilla coming up close), you don't just leave them to fester as they did with Brown and others.

The CLUB, and most definitely our DoF (who has the responsibility of obtaining new players, whether on loan or transferred in) WERE responsible for making decisions that have cost us dear, financially and in terms of results on the pitch, which is what I referred to in my post, as you well know.

But then again, I wouldn't expect you to waste any opportunity, no matter how obtuse, no matter how tangential your argument, no matter how paranoid you sound, to have a dig at me, you need help.

(Btw, I agree with you that we have a shockingly bad DoF (who nevertheless seems to have some kind of sway over our somewhat overburdened owner), glad you're coming round to my way of thinking).

Bielsa wanted Casilla.

Bielsa wanted Casilla.
    So you say, just like others who have "sources", yaddah yaddah. Get back on the sauce.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)