+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Bielsa wanted Casilla.
    Oh, and if you happen to be right, you make my point for me, don't you, given that clowns performance both before and during the playoffs?

Go back a few months, to when the great white hope was being wooed, when almost everyone was saying how much better he would be, how much we needed him, how he would be the keeper we have been seeking since before "Flapper" was shown the door.

Almost everyone. Care to hazard a guess who was suggesting Reals cast-off wasn't required? Go on, you know you want to.

What am i thinking? of course your opinion is worth more than Bielsa´s.

What am i thinking? of course your opinion is worth more than Bielsa´s.
    Ok, so you say Bielsa "wanted Casilla" and you know full well that I didn't, having consistently maintained that BPF was perfectly capable of doing the job of No. 1 keeper.

It's not about opinions though, is it? Today's game is about statistics, data, analysis, so chew on this for a while;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...rrell-16289403

Add to that analysis the fact (not opinion), that the injuries to the defensive line-up prior to Casillas arrival meant that the stability of the defensive formations post Christmas was greater than pre, AND that we spent the better part of £5m in release fees and wages for the Real Madrid reject, AND that his transfer was (supposedly) the most significant development during the last transfer window, yes I'd say that on this occasion if on no other my judgement was correct and proven so over the latter half of the season.

You would disagree with the facts?

nowt to do with that, my opinion is not important, what im saying is that all stats aside, your opinion is much more important than Bielsa´s he wanted Casilla, you didnt, your the expert, Bielsa is clearly a tool, so lets get rid of Casilla....wouldnt want to disagree with you

nowt to do with that, my opinion is not important, what im saying is that all stats aside, your opinion is much more important than Bielsa´s he wanted Casilla, you didnt, your the expert, Bielsa is clearly a tool, so lets get rid of Casilla....wouldnt want to disagree with you
    You need to get out more.

No man is infallible (not even me!), so questioning decision in any walk of life is not just inevitable, it's *****.

Agree with me or not, the facts produced by others would suggest that not only was getting Casilla a wasted investment, there is a good case for getting rid.

Oh and one other pint regarding the analysis, BPF was playing more frequently during his stint as No. 1 keeper as we were (albeit briefly) involved in cup competitions as well as the league, something Casilla didn't need to bother his head with.

As I said earlier, you'd pick any argument just to have a dig at me, not sure why, must be some kind if obsession, you poor fella.

Btw the but that got asterisks wasn't a swear word , it was v I t a l. Daft system

Anyone know the name of the hot milf that is in the pop up window that appears on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You need to get out more.

No man is infallible (not even me!), so questioning decision in any walk of life is not just inevitable, it's *****.

Agree with me or not, the facts produced by others would suggest that not only was getting Casilla a wasted investment, there is a good case for getting rid.

Oh and one other pint regarding the analysis, BPF was playing more frequently during his stint as No. 1 keeper as we were (albeit briefly) involved in cup competitions as well as the league, something Casilla didn't need to bother his head with.

As I said earlier, you'd pick any argument just to have a dig at me, not sure why, must be some kind if obsession, you poor fella.
    It was weird how you weren't posting as much when we were winning but suddenly you're on every 5 minutes now a) a player has had a bad run of performances and b) we've lost the playoffs.

Are you going to do this negative ****e all summer because I'll just remove the forum from my tabs until season starts again if so.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It was weird how you weren't posting as much when we were winning but suddenly you're on every 5 minutes now a) a player has had a bad run of performances and b) we've lost the playoffs.

Are you going to do this negative ****e all summer because I'll just remove the forum from my tabs until season starts again if so.
    Err, you do know that the season ended about 2 months ago?

The original thread title referred to Phillips and I think you'll find most of my responses until BB weighed in were positive.

Any negativity followed BBs somewhat fanciful assertion that I was criticising Bielsa for suggesting Cassila might not have been the best use of funds during the transfer window (and making it clear that the decision to do so came from in high). It's not just me who thinks similarly, and the stats I supplied for BB to ponder would bear the criticism out.

As for this being negative sh1te, perhaps we should all just play happy families, ignore what's in front if us and how for better next time round?. Maybe instead of suggesting those who differ from your view on the particular subject (whatever that view is), should shut up, maybe you would care to take the trouble to debate, after all, isn't that what a forum is for?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Err, you do know that the season ended about 2 months ago?

The original thread title referred to Phillips and I think you'll find most of my responses until BB weighed in were positive.

Any negativity followed BBs somewhat fanciful assertion that I was criticising Bielsa for suggesting Cassila might not have been the best use of funds during the transfer window (and making it clear that the decision to do so came from in high). It's not just me who thinks similarly, and the stats I supplied for BB to ponder would bear the criticism out.

As for this being negative sh1te, perhaps we should all just play happy families, ignore what's in front if us and how for better next time round?. Maybe instead of suggesting those who differ from your view on the particular subject (whatever that view is), should shut up, maybe you would care to take the trouble to debate, after all, isn't that what a forum is for?

Que sera sera - no point having a go at fellow fans just because they have a different POV. Forums would be flat if everyone agreed. It’s fine you disagree but you don’t have to try ‘win’ every time someone does not conform to your views.

Embrace the disparity - viva la difference!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)