+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McPake

Strachan Mcpake Jimmy nicoll and possibly Callum Davidson is intriging prospect but so many eggos to keep happy.

This looks likes the end of pointless 1 season signings to me and we are going with a backbone of youth, coaching and organisation.

As I say intriging if it all comes together and will probably put meh hairy arse on a seat.

It's not like Strachan will be in the dugout, it's going to be a rookie again with some older head alongside, I suppose. Did it really need a carry-on involving tapping up/approaching other managers who weren't interested, stringing JG along and potentially embarrassing him in the process, if Nelms wanted JMcP all along but needs to protect himself if it doesn't work out? Farce

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    It's not like Strachan will be in the dugout, it's going to be a rookie again with some older head alongside, I suppose. Did it really need a carry-on involving tapping up/approaching other managers who weren't interested, stringing JG along and potentially embarrassing him in the process, if Nelms wanted JMcP all along but needs to protect himself if it doesn't work out? Farce
    Pr mare but after a wee bit of digest and a week or two of flak it might just work out for the best.

I'll admit I really didn't want James but he will get 100% backing and probably a wee bit more slack from me than most.

Really want to see how the structure of it all will work though.

Underwhelmed but who ever came in has a helluva job ahead of them.
    I hope he has Strachan as a mentoring technical director ( whatever that ) and an experienced assistant otherwise .............

If process might have been a bit shambolic but who cares if we’ve got it right in the end, I’m very happy with what’s looking like a good solid management team

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    If process might have been a bit shambolic but who cares if we’ve got it right in the end, I’m very happy with what’s looking like a good solid management team
    Ffs, you should know the script on here.

Nothing the club does is any good. That’s the starting point after every decision the owners make.

Apart from a willingness to take the job (which seemed to be lacking in the others Mr Nelms approached)
    What do you think the attributes are the James will bring to the role.
    So far Iv saw
    Will give his all (surely a given)
    Will play the young lads - ok fair enough.
    The existing players like him - which means the same bunch that got us relegated without even a whimper.

I’d love to be enthused by this and I really really hope as we all do that he proves to be our best manager ever - and despite thispost I like the new gaffer but it smells like yet another lesson in Mr Nelms patented buffoonery in a long list of lessons in how not to choose a manager.
    Ps will be buying 3 season tickets on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Apart from a willingness to take the job (which seemed to be lacking in the others Mr Nelms approached)
    What do you think the attributes are the James will bring to the role.
    So far Iv saw
    Will give his all (surely a given)
    Will play the young lads - ok fair enough.
    The existing players like him - which means the same bunch that got us relegated without even a whimper.

I’d love to be enthused by this and I really really hope as we all do that he proves to be our best manager ever - and despite thispost I like the new gaffer but it smells like yet another lesson in Mr Nelms patented buffoonery in a long list of lessons in how not to choose a manager.
    Ps will be buying 3 season tickets on Saturday
    I think it's irrelevant whether existing players like him or not, it's whether he likes and selects them. In his first game he chose to bin a fair few and give kids a go instead, that's a strong message to so called senior pros like martin woods.

I hope that bravery continues because we can only be a good side if we grow it, we cannot afford to buy success or even spend to chase out like the nutty neighbours.

If, and when, it's confirmed that Strachan is upstairs and McPake and Jimmy Nic are in charge i'll be pretty happy. There's a lot of honesty in that group and we have been missing that badly.

If it is as reported Strachan,McPake and Nicholl that will do for me.
    Strachan has a wealth of knowledge and contacts,Nicholl is very experienced and def a good assistant for the inexperienced McPake.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    If it is as reported Strachan,McPake and Nicholl that will do for me.
    Strachan has a wealth of knowledge and contacts,Nicholl is very experienced and def a good assistant for the inexperienced McPake.
    If WGS is coming to do more than look at the youth system it's pretty exciting.....I think it's all in the detail here.

We have went from McIntyre and a reluctant Boyle to a potentially really dynamic structure even after relegation.

And it looks like the two clubs are going two completely different ways which makes it fascinating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)