+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Goardan Strachan

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Sorry I forgot Derbies only count when your team is on top form...as for the modern day unfortunately we are very comparable as 11 wins
    each since 2000 would suggest...both teams in the championship...both with poor choices of manager in the last few years...both teams never recovering from losing star players...Stewart and Hemmings for us Armstrong and Mackay Stevens for your mob...both with American owners who up to now have spent money without showing any return for it...so like it or not these are the facts of the recent demise of both clubs... anyway it won't be long until it starts up again and hopefully it will just be the one year jolly for us...as I said earlier time will tell
    CW33

Lol 😂

You were a very average team that had a coulpe players that wanted away, don't try to compare, we had a decade long era at United where we lost a few star players every summer aswell as some in January but remained one of the top few sides in the country each time, finished top 4 regular and cup runs (and cup win) before getting rid of far too many in the space of 6 months plus a lot of other poor decisions saw a quick relegation

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    FFS lets try and make this simple for you

You made the original accusation that we somehow avoided meeting you between 2005-2012 and if we had been in the top league then the derby results would have looked better in your favour...

Then you casually ignore from 1910-1960 where you barely were in the top league...

Were you avoiding us in that era?

Or doesn't that count cause it was pre 1979...?

God you really aren't grasping it despite my best attempts,

One more time, I'm including the entire history, what part of used to only play 2 league games against each side pre 1975 are you finding difficult? Like I said, as many derbies missed due to dundee being in the second tier than Utd

Quote Originally Posted by brizee66 View Post
    I couldn’t say what results would have been during that early period as I never saw either team but I can certainly say 2005-2012 period I saw enough of both teams to think united would have won most games
    I don’t get where you can say Dundee would have won most in that early period of 50 years
    I’m under the impression the only decen team you had was in the sixties

They were decent in the early fifties, back to back league cups and decent league finishes but that's the only decent side they had that we missed playing regular (although had a few cup meetings)

They had their highest point in the sixties winning the league 1962 but didn't finish above 6th the rest of the decade, we finished above them 5 times and won most of the derbies, we also made our first impression in europe and cups as we become established as a top flight club

We have done everything and more than they have in many ways since 1960 (we are top 4-6 in every way be it league, cups, Europe since then despite the last 3 years) than they have despite them being a top flight side from the get go, they had a free run at it for many years, we were 16 years behind and started in the second tier with well established top flight club already in the city and many other clubs already strong plus a couple wars that disrupted progress

Very proud of where we came from, a true underdog made good story, to have got to where we did and now having fallen to the stage where it's a big deal that we stay down by fans of most other clubs, we're bigger than all but 5 clubs in the country now fan base wise, to see United turn up at two cup finals in Glasgow this decade with 28000 strong support was truly amazing, a unique history to be proud of and more to come in the future

90% of attendees at Tannadice in the 60s were Dundee fans. That is historical fact, folk were pissed off at Dundee selling their best players. wee shedka won't know this, so give you a pass. When Dundee won the league at Tannadice, the entire ground was filled with Dundee fans. Just the way it was back then, no bitterness till Jum came along early 70s. Dundee are doon again, so are United. Deny it all you want, you are where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    90% of attendees at Tannadice in the 60s were Dundee fans. That is historical fact, folk were pissed off at Dundee selling their best players. wee shedka won't know this, so give you a pass. When Dundee won the league at Tannadice, the entire ground was filled with Dundee fans. Just the way it was back then, no bitterness till Jum came along early 70s. Dundee are doon again, so are United. Deny it all you want, you are where you belong.
    Wow.Just phucking wow!

Dundee have never won any league at Tannadice. Talk about deluded. Nae wonder we call you Funsters eh.

OYF that is a ****in classic funster post, ****in hell!😂😂

J
    That’s embarrassing

Having made a complete erse of my shaming their nation thread(drink and prescribed drugs were involved)i could only sit back and wait on somebody bailing me out,cheers Tainted

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Having made a complete erse of my shaming their nation thread(drink and prescribed drugs were involved)i could only sit back and wait on somebody bailing me out,cheers Tainted
    Taintedices drunken rambling post is on a par with Noahs 'just back fae Dingwall' classic.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)