+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goardan Strachan

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Is this Dianne Abbott?

Is this a simpleton?

Do you know how many times teams played each other in a league season pre 1975?

Do I need to make it clearer for you or has it clicked?

Bye now

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Since the year 2000 it's 11 each...with United winning 1 from the last 8... That's a fact for you😋😋😋😋

😂 😂 😂 😂 using a derby from 1999/00 but ignoring the other three Utd won in the last 5 months of 1999

However as we know, you spent millions you didn't have that led to a few of those wins in 2000-2003 and got your just desserts with years out the top flight, at the same time avoiding more derby misery (and it would have been if you face our Levein and Houston sides from 2007-2012), club 12 got lucky that they faced a weaker version of those sides as that was a fairly average season and weaker team for us during that season, reflected in our pts tally and just scraping 6th, any of the sides from the previous 5 seasons would have destroyed dundee and enjoyed doing so

You don't compare to Utd in any way in terms of modern day football on or off the park, it's annoying that rag dct lumping the clubs together like we have had similar paths or success, you're very much the embarrassing diddy of the city clubs that's not even reached a Hampden semi final in the last 13 years or had a sniff of an impressive top flight finish since the 60s

You can't mark a funsters neck with a blow torch and it don't embarrass easy, but a joke club you are.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    😂 😂 😂 😂 using a derby from 1999/00 but ignoring the other three Utd won in the last 5 months of 1999

However as we know, you spent millions you didn't have that led to a few of those wins in 2000-2003 and got your just desserts with years out the top flight, at the same time avoiding more derby misery (and it would have been if you face our Levein and Houston sides from 2007-2012), club 12 got lucky that they faced a weaker version of those sides as that was a fairly average season and weaker team for us during that season, reflected in our pts tally and just scraping 6th, any of the sides from the previous 5 seasons would have destroyed dundee and enjoyed doing so

You don't compare to Utd in any way in terms of modern day football on or off the park, it's annoying that rag dct lumping the clubs together like we have had similar paths or success, you're very much the embarrassing diddy of the city clubs that's not even reached a Hampden semi final in the last 13 years or had a sniff of an impressive top flight finish since the 60s

You can't mark a funsters neck with a blow torch and it don't embarrass easy, but a joke club you are.
    Sorry I forgot Derbies only count when your team is on top form...as for the modern day unfortunately we are very comparable as 11 wins
    each since 2000 would suggest...both teams in the championship...both with poor choices of manager in the last few years...both teams never recovering from losing star players...Stewart and Hemmings for us Armstrong and Mackay Stevens for your mob...both with American owners who up to now have spent money without showing any return for it...so like it or not these are the facts of the recent demise of both clubs... anyway it won't be long until it starts up again and hopefully it will just be the one year jolly for us...as I said earlier time will tell
    CW33

Interesting you criticise shedka for limiting the scope of what he's looking at then do the same yourself. 🤔

The gist of what you are saying about both clubs modern histories is a little weird as there is a glaring omission from our side of actually winning a major trophy during that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Interesting you criticise shedka for limiting the scope of what he's looking at then do the same yourself. 🤔

The gist of what you are saying about both clubs modern histories is a little weird as there is a glaring omission from our side of actually winning a major trophy during that spell.
    Not anymore glaring than the 3 seasons you've been in the championship that I didn't mention...you know and I know Shedka could give Alistair Campbell a run for his money when it comes to putting spin on all things United...but the sad fact for both clubs is we are where we are because of gross mis-management and there are a lot of similarities in how we both got there

I agree that both clubs have suffered due to mismanagement but it's definitely worth reminding you about us winning the Scottish Cup in 2010. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Is this a simpleton?

Do you know how many times teams played each other in a league season pre 1975?

Do I need to make it clearer for you or has it clicked?

Bye now
    FFS lets try and make this simple for you

You made the original accusation that we somehow avoided meeting you between 2005-2012 and if we had been in the top league then the derby results would have looked better in your favour...

Then you casually ignore from 1910-1960 where you barely were in the top league...

Were you avoiding us in that era?

Or doesn't that count cause it was pre 1979...?

You made the original accusation that we somehow avoided meeting you between 2005-2012 and if we had been in the top league then the derby results would have looked better in your favour...

Then you casually ignore from 1910-1960 where you barely were in the top league...

Come back on when you've won something.
    46 years YWFA

Please p*ss of back to your own board with your own sh*t fans, I dont give a flying f*ck about what games you won between 1910 and 1960, mainly because I dont think anyone really cares. I certainly wasnt born then and your team winning a game in 1922 does not make me think you are a better team. Please come back over when you win a major trophy in your lifetime as I am pretty certain you have never witnessed it first hand, until then off you go....thats it over to Dundee board where you can chat with the rest of your own kind about how you will win the league easily next year....yawn!!

Is Goardon still mulling over the joab, or is it a publicity stunt

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)