+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to miss the Championship

Going to miss the Championship

Proper fans, not the hoards of plastic glory hunters we get in the Premiership, the red button on the Sky mid week match and the Brum derby.

Know what you mean BB, fewer sights worse than fan pics showing goal celebrations with their phones out - the top clubs are I think readying themselves for a European breakaway league with the money now thrown around and larger stadiums reaching out to a worldwide audience. Outside of the top 7 or 8 clubs it's a league within the league I feel, also how many clubs are we now seeing dropping back down and then down again - it's a long road back from there.

Proper grounds as well BB. The smell of stale ale and onions, sh1te tannoy presenters, sh1te tannoy systems, an abundance of tickets at Preston, Wigan and Barnsley etc. Previously unvisited grounds, towns and hostelries.

I know each town will have it’s glory hunting premier fans but it seemed that the majority of folk enthusiastically embraced local pride in their team and communities, brilliant.

It did get demoralising when we struggled, and we did for most of our time there tbh.
    It’s a real scrap in the EFL and for me Sheff U were the best team. Never known a team as lucky as Norwich or as unlucky as Rotherham.

Whilst the young Villan is beside himself, due to all of the plastic reds in his class, I don’t really feel all that jubilant at promotion, more a sense of relief. The excitement of the league was beginning to do me in.
    However, this promotion turned out to be a fantastic achievement and credit to the management team, and yes the hard work starts now, so;

Onwards & Upwards UTV

Not me

Yes I will, its a different ball game and weve got to be ready for it.
    It was forced upon us, maybe its been good for us but a league of proper teams and fans except those clowns from down small heath way, i am one who is so glad not to be playing them for a while!

I am too.. hated it first season but it’s proper grown on me..

We might be back soon through eh 😂

Well down next year and maybe promoted via the play offs, 100 mill then 70 mill every other year could make us the richest club in England?

Nah. Plus we have 8 fewer games and hardley any midweek games....umm, the mind boggles

I for one won't miss it down here on the bottom of the planet the reception is awful. Had to balance on the window ledge with an antenna taped to my head. The lad and I will subscribe to a Premier league pass for all the games.Can't wait!!

Similar to what edens said, "Great, i can watch my team on the TV now not streaming off my laptop"
    Just hope these guys have a really serious plan. I said that by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    I for one won't miss it down here on the bottom of the planet the reception is awful. Had to balance on the window ledge with an antenna taped to my head. The lad and I will subscribe to a Premier league pass for all the games.Can't wait!!
    I'll miss giggling at Oz watching matches balancing on his window ledge with an antenna taped to his head , the extra matches, and I loved the excitement of our record-breaking winning streak, but I'm really looking forward to next season in the PL in a nervous excited kind of a way. It will be a challenge, but that's part of the fun, and I can't wait to see how Smith tackles it ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-06-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)