+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the 15 seniors

the 15 seniors

ok so we know that all 15 senior players we finished the season with are all still under contract, Marcelo is now under contract again (Awesome news!) so Obviously we could do with signing another 3 senior players so Marcelo has his full starting 11 and 7 bench of seniors. we also know that all the youth lads are all under contract now bar possibly 1 or 2 we are waiting on them accepting or not, and they all did a great job when called upon, aswell as excelling in their youth leagues too

so with this all being the case right now, out of those 15, who would you choose in the starting 11 and who would be the 4 that go on the bench

if you need reminding of those 15, they are, Casilla BPF Ayling Berardi Douglas Alioski Jansson Cooper Phillips Forshaw Klich Hernandez Dallas Roofe and Bamford

also another question

the 3 vacancies leeds have in their squad right now, could any of the seniors who were out on loan fill those 3 places in the Marcelo 18? if you need reminding of those, they are, Debock Okane Bouy Anita Cibicki Saiz Sacko and Ekuban

i can't wait for the summer to unfold, we have a great not so friendly friendly coming up against the scum, we have the outcome of the squad to come up at all levels, who will stay who will go and who will come in, and then we go again, another chance to kick derbys butts, and the return of the netto badges as they are now, can't wait for them to come up against a Marcelo Masterclass!

Cibicki didnt get a proper start, and clearly has the skills, Saiz? dunno.
    im a realist Clive, fair play rules mean we cant spend big, for the first time in years we have a coach whom we can trust, and if he thinks HE can do without one or two of our better players in order to bring in who HE wants, im in. Just waiting for the negheads to get all bent out of shape if we sell someone (despite this being an integeral part of the game), but i think everyone at the top table at E.R for once are pulling in the same direction, have the same goals, and might just be canny enough to pull it off.

I think everyone that was out on loan this season, should be sold on, including Ideguchi, Wilks, Coyle, Denton, Shaugnessy, Pearce. The only exception being Grot, Kitching, O'Connor, Huffer.

So if we can achieve a sale value average of £1 million per player, that would put £14-15 million in the warchest.

I also think that some of the senior players will be going: Jannson , I think we can achieve £10 million from his sale ( there is a lot of noise around a potential move for him at the moment).

Casillas - I think we can get £2 million plus

Beradi, again £2 million plus.

Forshaw - can we get back our £5 million spent?

Dallas - £2 million

Bamford - can we get back £7 million for him.

That would bring in £28 million from the senior player sales, I believe we have ample cover from the academy. Add that to the £14 million raised from selling the players we had on out on loan - that's £42 million!

We would have freed up a massive amount in wages, which could be utilized to keep our vulnerable players like Roofe/Philips/Clark and we should be able to sign at least 3-4 good players to enhance the squad.

Its a bit fantasy football but is it totally unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think everyone that was out on loan this season, should be sold on, including Ideguchi, Wilks, Coyle, Denton, Shaugnessy, Pearce. The only exception being Grot, Kitching, O'Connor, Huffer.

So if we can achieve a sale value average of £1 million per player, that would put £14-15 million in the warchest.

I also think that some of the senior players will be going: Jannson , I think we can achieve £10 million from his sale ( there is a lot of noise around a potential move for him at the moment).

Dallas - £2 million

That would bring in £28 million from the senior player sales, I believe we have ample cover from the academy. Add that to the £14 million raised from selling the players we had on out on loan - that's £42 million!

We would have freed up a massive amount in wages, which could be utilized to keep our vulnerable players like Roofe/Philips/Clark and we should be able to sign at least 3-4 good players to enhance the squad.

Why sell any of them? Bamford I'd rather see what he can do with a fully fit season. Dallas showed exactly what he is capable of in the playoffs and Forshaw has been good. Casilla up until the two errors had some great games and some excellent saves + Berardi is useful squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Why sell any of them? Bamford I'd rather see what he can do with a fully fit season. Dallas showed exactly what he is capable of in the playoffs and Forshaw has been good. Casilla up until the two errors had some great games and some excellent saves + Berardi is useful squad player.
    Its a fair question Joel, here is my logic on it.

Casillas - high earner, has he really been an improvement on BPF, no not at this time. We have several younger keepers working through the ranks too so lets free up his wages and earn a few quid too.

Bamford - I think he will have a better season this year for us, but what I saw of him, is that he is a bit lazy, afraid of being hurt or being tackled and never looks like winning a header. Should he really earn more than Roofe?

Dallas - I am not convinced he is going to stay and I dont think he is the future of this team.

Beradi, I love his attitude and commitment, but between his injuries and ability to get booked /red carded so frequently, I think we will be better served by others.

Forshaw - just Mr Average for me at the moment, would prefer the likes of Shackleton or other youngsters getting the chance over him. Forshaw has not done a lot wrong yet in the same breath hasn't done a great deal to remember. I think we can get good money for him and I feel he is easily replaced.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 29-05-2019 at 07:28 PM.

I still haven't recovered enough from the playoffs to even contemplate next season as yet. They say time heals though....

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

Dallas - £2 million

Err........

£1m for the likes of Ideguchi, and all the rest who haven't exactly excelled either as loanees or when they were in the various development squads, yes, totally unrealistic and fantasy football indeed.

After his comic book performances during the playoffs, who would want Casillas (and why would they pay stupid wages for a clown?)

And Bamford, £7m????? Take a zero off and you might get some League 1/2 outfit willing to take him, otherwise (just like Harrison during the season), he's just a big lump of flesh costing money he doesn't deserve.

Having said all that, their wages are what the club should want to get rid of, no matter what their sale price, as none have made any realistic contribution to the successes of last season and should be moved as they are simply surplus to requirement.

If we got £5m for ALL of those you mention ("senior" players too), we should be thankful, and be equally thankful that we're no longer bankrolling sh1t. £42m!!!!! Jesus wept!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I still haven't recovered enough from the playoffs to even contemplate next season as yet. They say time heals though....
    Mutual mate.

Snap, still keep going back to the Wigan game and beyond and think what could and should have been, thinking about seeing Leeds v Wigan, Brentford, Millwall etc again makes me sick.

Eden Hazard says its time for a new challenge Clive. Go see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)