+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kellett

Kellett

So someone alluded on the webchat to a video by Andy Kellett on Instagram, asking if any action will be taken against him. Anyone know what it was? I don't have Instagram so no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So someone alluded on the webchat to a video by Andy Kellett on Instagram, asking if any action will be taken against him. Anyone know what it was? I don't have Instagram so no idea?
    Not a clue but sounds intriguing.

Did anyone figure out what this was or see the video?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Did anyone figure out what this was or see the video?
    Sadly not

I liked what I saw of Kellett last season, but we just didn't see him enough, whether it was through injury or non-selection. He's a busy, sparky player who is brave enough to retain and run with the ball and make things happen. Reminded me more than a little of Alan Judge.

Sadly, a lot of coaches - especially in the lower leagues - see these types as luxury players who don't work hard enough out of possession to win the ball back. Except the very best coaches, like Pep Guardiola, who realise that if you have several of these technically superior players, you don't tend to lose the ball in the first place. When Manchester City lose possession they press like tigers to get it back, but they don't lose possession often, so the high work rate off the ball is only sporadic.
    Last edited by jackal2; 01-06-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I liked what I saw of Kellett last season, but we just didn't see him enough, whether it was through injury or non-selection. He's a busy, sparky player who is brave enough to retain and run with the ball and make things happen. Reminded me more than a little of Alan Judge.

Sadly, a lot of coaches - especially in the lower leagues - see these types as luxury players who don't work hard enough out of possession to win the ball back. Except the very best coaches, like Pep Guardiola, who realise that if you have several of these technically superior players, you don't tend to lose the ball in the first place. When Manchester City lose possession they press like tigers to get it back, but they don't lose possession often, so the high work rate off the ball is only sporadic.
    A lot of coaches in the lower leagues probably realise they don’t have the budget/resources to attract players that never lose the ball.

I've no idea why he never got a game, but was a bright and tenacious player from what I saw. He also had an eye for a pass and looked like the kind of player to unlock stubborn defences - in fact, exactly what we were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I've no idea why he never got a game, but was a bright and tenacious player from what I saw. He also had an eye for a pass and looked like the kind of player to unlock stubborn defences - in fact, exactly what we were missing.
    Agreed.

A lot of us would have picked him ahead of lazy Enzio

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    A lot of us would have picked him ahead of lazy Enzio
    A left back/number 10 ahead of a winger? Can see why "A lot of us" aren't managers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast