+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Ward and Tom Adeyemi.....

Grant Ward and Tom Adeyemi.....

Not sure if these two have been covered in another post?

According to the Tizer, both these players have been released by Ipswich on free transfers.

As a refresher - Ward,24, made 43 appearances for us and also played under Warnock before leaving Spurs to sign a 3 year deal at Ipswich. He played 98 times for them before a cruciate knee ligament injury in December kept him out.
    I recall the hat trick he scored for Ipswich on his debut, brilliant way to make his mark.

Adeyemi - played 27 times for us scoring 7 goals, = a goal every 3.85 games. A variety of injuries restricted him to only 5 appearances the whole of last season. Solid player in the tackle.

Does Ward at 24 still have a lot to offer, or will the cruciate damage have slowed him down?

Adeyemi, missing 41 games last season, now that's a lot to miss out on. Just how fit are these guys and would Adeyemi make the midfield over flowed IF Ajayi stays?

Views anyone?

When I saw the title of the thread I thought it would be about physiotherapy

Of the two mentioned I would seriously consider Ward subject obviously to him passing a robust medical

I seem to remember the majority of our fans being disappointed when we didn’t/couldn’t sign Adeyemi, so on that backing he’s well worth considering. Ward is a no brainier, if he’s fit get him signed!

You do realise your shouting up players that struggled to get a game for the whipping boys of last seasons championship?

Good shout

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    You do realise your shouting up players that struggled to get a game for the whipping boys of last seasons championship?

Good shout
    Think both playesr spent most of last season injured, should fit in perfectly at NYS

Not sure if Ward is the same player after his injury.

Adeyemi, good 2 years ago, hardly played since.

Good shout
    Fans of higher level clubs could say the same thing about Vaulks and Ajayi.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Not sure if Ward is the same player after his injury.

Adeyemi, good 2 years ago, hardly played since.
    I'm not sure if Ward s fit to even run on grass yet. I liked them both when they were with us.

They are both good players, but unless they can play about 30 games per season at League One Level, it would be a waste of money. I know that Warney is supposed to be a fitness expert, but some of his previous judgements (or judgements by recruitment team?) have not been great... unless we have just had a run of incredibly bad luck over the last couple of years

Good shout
    Neither my shout just an observation as Richie barker has openly stated this week, 'They are definitely players who have come up on our radar. They are on list of players for us to talk about'

As for someone who struggled to get a game, you could say that about Purrington and look how it's turned out for him. Just because you can't get in a team doesn't make you a bad player and, moving to another club can actually invigorate and reinvent a player when they put their mind to it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast