+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

... it's not cricket, it's rounders ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it's not cricket, it's rounders ...
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Haha I'm the opposite. You'd have to pay me to watch it. It just never clicked with me at all.

I've only ever been to one live game of cricket - England vs India at Trent Bridge, about 15 years ago or more. I sat there all day not really getting what people were excited about, and then sometime late in the afternoon every stopped doing whatever they were doing on the pitch (or whatever it's called), had a chat, and decided the game would be a draw.

What the **** is that all about?
    Glad I have never been to a boring football match, each to there own.

At international level for me

1. Cricket
    2. Rugby Union
    3. Football

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Glad I have never been to a boring football match, each to there own.

At international level for me

1. Cricket
    2. Rugby Union
    3. Football
    I'm not all that bothered about any sport at international level to be honest. But I'll admit that I'm pretty narrow-minded when it comes other sports. Football is a lifelong obsession for me, and nothing else comes remotely close. I don't even know the rules of rugby or cricket.

Half the players don't even know the rules of rugby union. There are so many, that they've managed to wreck it as a spectacle.

Cricket was almost right up there with football for me, watching Hadlee and Rice in the championship seasons.

I've lost a lot of interest over the years. The sports badly run with too many variations of the game, I can't be bothered to keep up. Aussies getting away with sledging is another reason. If it's allowed in cricket, it should be allowed in golf, snooker and other sports (that'd make a black ball frame more interesting), or maybe try to be civilised instead and ban it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Cricket was almost right up there with football for me, watching Hadlee and Rice in the championship seasons. AND RANDALL !!!

I've lost a lot of interest over the years. The sports badly run with too many variations of the game, I can't be bothered to keep up. Aussies getting away with sledging is another reason. If it's allowed in cricket, it should be allowed in golf, snooker and other sports (that'd make a black ball frame more interesting), or maybe try to be civilised instead and ban it.
    Added Arkle - sledging happens all the time in football but players aren’t miked up.

I love all forms 20 - 20, ODI’s and Test match but Test matches are still my favourite - I can watch 5 days and still enjoy a draw but to some I know it’s paint drying but 😏

I’m in the minority thinking cricket is the best game in the world, England should be favourites the way they play but don’t rule out New Zealand and India.
    After football, cricket is the most played sport in the world, so the minority you may be in is still a big one!

Added Arkle
    My boyhood cricketing hero. Best fielder in the game at the time by a country mile and when on form the most entertaining batsman too IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My boyhood cricketing hero. Best fielder in the game at the time by a country mile and when on form the most entertaining batsman too IMHO.
    Yes listened all night on a crappy radio to his superb 174 against the Aussies.

Yes listened all night on a crappy radio to his superb 174 against the Aussies.
    Me too! Brilliant memories eh? Remember him getting hit on the head by that Dennis Lillee bouncer though - before the days of batting helmets being 'normal'. What a hero to get up and carry on like that. Also what a sportsman Rod Marsh was to tell the umpire the catch didn't carry on 161 and let him stay. Relive it here. Man of the match presentation at the end so thoroughly deserved...and all in front of the Queen too

Last edited by SwalePie; 01-06-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast