+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Me too! Brilliant memories eh? Remember him getting hit on the head by that Dennis Lillee bouncer though - before the days of batting helmets being 'normal'. What a hero to get up and carry on like that. Also what a sportsman Rod Marsh was to tell the umpire the catch didn't carry on 161 and let him stay. Relive it here. Man of the match presentation at the end so thoroughly deserved...and all in front of the Queen too

Yes he doffed his cap at Lillie and said no point hitting me there, there is nothing in it😊

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Yes he doffed his cap at Lillie and said no point hitting me there, there is nothing in it
    What a character. What a top bloke. What an innings!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    What a character. What a top bloke. What an innings!
    One-club man, too. There should be a statue of him erected in Retford (surely the town’s most famous son?) - although by rights it should be one that struggles to stay still.

Richard Hadlee was always my favourite, though - best bowler I ever saw, and could come in at 7 or 8 and knock the ball out of the park. Heard him speak a few times as well: very humble man, unlike that buffoon Botham.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    One-club man, too. There should be a statue of him erected in Retford (surely the town’s most famous son?) - although by rights it should be one that struggles to stay still.

Richard Hadlee was always my favourite, though - best bowler I ever saw, and could come in at 7 or 8 and knock the ball out of the park. Heard him speak a few times as well: very humble man, unlike that buffoon Botham.
    Agreed. Hadlee was an exceptional bowler and a gent.

... now that's cricket

Good win today, Jason Roy was brilliant. The other day at Trent Bridge he was a bloody South African, today he's a true Englishman again! Archer also looks a great find.

Best moment in the game. Roy clatters into the umpire when reaching his century. Nasser Hussian when Roy is next on strike " keep yer pads out the way Jason".
    Last edited by navypie; 08-06-2019 at 05:35 PM.

I'm gonna keep this thread going.Well , Notts County are boring the arse of me. The reggae boys took a tonking today. Joe Root, class but where's Bumble on the commentary?

Bumble Gower and Beefy aren't on Sky for the World Cup Navy they want younger pundits god knows why as Bumble livens things up.

Holding has had a telling off for slating the umpires in WI v Australia match he was right as well as they were beyond a joke borderline cheating !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Bumble Gower and Beefy aren't on Sky for the World Cup Navy they want younger pundits god knows why as Bumble livens things up.

Holding has had a telling off for slating the umpires in WI v Australia match he was right as well as they were beyond a joke borderline cheating !
    Micheal " Whispering Death " Holding is no spring chicken legs!

The subject of this thread is what the BBC now feels compelled to call "Men's Cricket". I fully expect that when the next football season starts we'll be hearing about Arsenal Men v. Chelsea Men. I'm not kidding. They'll have been sat round a board table and someone will have pointed out that it's discriminatory to talk about Arsenal v. Chelsea and Arsenal Women v. Chelsea Women. Political correctness will compel them to even it up.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast