+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bangladesh have to play India and Pakistan, so it's a big ask to win both games. A win against either India or New Zealand will probably be enough to see us limp into the semi finals, but we just don't seem to have the bottle to win when the chips are down.
    And both of those teams are currently unbeaten.

Looking on the positive side, & thanks to Stokes' heroics we escaped with a heavy defeat - as opposed to a total humiliation.

Not quite as good as you think you are, eh lads?

How come we can beat the Aussies in every Mickey Mouse one day game for years but when it really matters they hammer us? How come they’ve won the WC 5 times and we haven’t managed it once?

Too many Billy Big Bolox in our team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    How come we can beat the Aussies in every Mickey Mouse one day game for years but when it really matters they hammer us? How come they’ve won the WC 5 times and we haven’t managed it once?
    They have an inbuilt mental strength which kicks in on the big occasions, and we don't.

In the series last year which we beat them 5-0 they were without 3/4 top players just 2 were out for sandpaper gate but like Germany at football they peak when it matters.

I find it helps when you pick your best players but we love to be old fashioned first Stokes axed for The Ashes and now Hales yet there was not a chance Warner/Smith would be left out of the WC/Ashes...WINNERS that is why.

"Our" four eyed coach thought it was funny at 200-9 not quite sure what he was finding funny it seems with each defeat we play it down as if it hasnt happened Vince has to be dropped and Plunkett to come in.

Too many Billy Big Bolox in our team IMO.
    Because they do what it takes to win - eg, bring back Warner and Smith as soon as humanly possible and damn the optics. We won’t recall Hales if Roy is unfit, even though he’s obviously a better option than Vince to open.

We also have only one way to win. The likes of Australia and India have a Plan B.

Vince does not seem up to it, but there has been so many failures over these last two games. I think we are massively overrated.

C'mon lads, for once, prove me wrong.

Some good answers from people who obviously know their cricket more than me.

I go all the way back to 2005 and think about how we responded to that win, open top bus tours, Downing Street, and knighthoods. What happens 18 months later? We go there and get rinsed 5-0. I think it’s the same in lots of our main sports, we reward what is often short term success and put up with long term failure. Also, if Elite is right, how come a whole nation is mentally stronger than us?

. Also, if Elite is right, how come a whole nation is mentally stronger than us?
    they don't it's just EP's opinion and a wild sweeping statement based on no factual evidence.

or some might say 'talking bollox'

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    they don't it's just EP's opinion and a wild sweeping statement based on no factual evidence.

or some might say 'talking bollox'
    I think he is talking about Australia in cricket terms the balance in test matches has been 50/50 over the last 15 years usually won by the home side.

In terms of world cups Elite is right they do have much stronger belief than us an example was the 1999 World Cup SF pretty much out against SA but they dug in to tie it but win on less wickets lost.

The nightmare scenario is they win both the World Cup and the ashes it’s a good job India are pretty handy as I think they are the best team in the tournament but they have to prove it.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast