+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

O/T Cricket World Cup

I don't like cricket, I love it! Who's gonna win the World Cup? England are the favourites and rightly so. I think they will win it but my dark horses are the West Indies. Wouldn't you just hate it if those f00king Aussies won it again! Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-06-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't like cricket, I love it! Who's gonna win the World Cup? England are the favourites and rightly so. I think they will win it but my dark horses are the West Indies. Wouldn't you just hate it if those f00king Aussies won it again! Any thoughts?
    I’m in the minority thinking cricket is the best game in the world, England should be favourites the way they play but don’t rule out New Zealand and India.

I think the final 4 will be England India Australia and New Zealand.

I’m not confident about NZ as you have WI and SA too but I like the bowlers they have for English conditions Southee Boult Ferguson.

If the purists got there way it would be an England v India final I make us slight favourites but what I worry about is wearing pitches later on and we always have one shocker in us let’s hope if it does happen it’s in the group stages.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I’m in the minority thinking cricket is the best game in the world, England should be favourites the way they play but don’t rule out New Zealand and India.
    I didn't say cricket was the best game in the world. But anyone else is entitled to their opinion.

I’m in the minority thinking cricket is the best game in the world
    That's probably true on a Notts County Football Club message board. I was lucky/unlucky enough to be brought up a stone's throw from Notts CCC and the Temple of Sin and so became a junior member at NCCC, but because it was Notts, not cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's probably true on a Notts County Football Club message board. I was lucky/unlucky enough to be brought up a stone's throw from Notts CCC and the Temple of Sin and so became a junior member at NCCC, but because it was Notts, not cricket.
    Me too. Used to go to Trent Bridge at every opportunity and loved attending the test matches as a junior member.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Me too. Used to go to Trent Bridge at every opportunity and loved attending the test matches as a junior member.
    The bonus of those test match tickets made the 2 quid (no pound sign on this keyboard) very good value. But those test matches all merge into one. I have memories of a very fat Australian collapsed amongst a mountain of used beer cans asking what the Nottingham fillies were like, and also of a West Indian singing grovel Greig to a Calypso beat, also played on beer cans. Can't have been the same game, can it? Whichever game it was, it was so hot I had to hold my head in a preserving pan of cold water later on.

Well maybe I shouldn't have posted on a Notts County messageboard

The bonus of those test match tickets made the 2 quid (no pound sign on this keyboard) very good value. But those test matches all merge into one. I have memories of a very fat Australian collapsed amongst a mountain of used beer cans asking what the Nottingham fillies were like, and also of a West Indian singing grovel Greig to a Calypso beat, also played on beer cans. Can't have been the same game, can it? Whichever game it was, it was so hot I had to hold my head in a preserving pan of cold water later on.
    Me and my mates used to go under the temporary stand collecting 'exotic' beer cans as souvenirs of those games

Haha I'm the opposite. You'd have to pay me to watch it. It just never clicked with me at all.

I've only ever been to one live game of cricket - England vs India at Trent Bridge, about 15 years ago or more. I sat there all day not really getting what people were excited about, and then sometime late in the afternoon every stopped doing whatever they were doing on the pitch (or whatever it's called), had a chat, and decided the game would be a draw.

What the **** is that all about?

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast