+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    As I type, Afghanistan 62-1 so a possible surprise that would Behefit England should they beat India.

Had a laugh watching the England V Windies ladies game last night. WI batter dropped the bat before making her ground. Very poor decision by the umpire and even the commentators didn't know the law that part of the batters person or the bat IN HAND must be grounded behind the popping crease to negate a run out appeal.
    Not sure how it would "Behefit" England.76-2 as I type. Were they lady umpires and commentators?

Close game today but the difference is India won so they wont face too much of a backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Not sure how it would "Behefit" England.76-2 as I type. Were they lady umpires and commentators?
    Male umpires. Who at that level who should know the laws ...... a woman and Michael Clarke commentating at the time and neither knew for sure.

I havent seen this run out in ladies game but now the rule is if the person or bat has touched the ground behind the crease then you are deemed to be in even if your foot or bat is in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I havent seen this run out in ladies game but now the rule is if the person or bat has touched the ground behind the crease then you are deemed to be in even if your foot or bat is in the air.
    Correct.......but the point being the lady's hand came off the bat BEFORE the toe of the bat grounded behind the popping crease.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Correct.......but the point being the lady's hand came off the bat BEFORE the toe of the bat grounded behind the popping crease.
    Then she should have been given out if the pundits dont know that they shouldnt be in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Then she should have been given out if the pundits dont know that they shouldnt be in the role.
    Would agree but this was a rare incident. In the 10 years I stood as an umpire I found it amazing that so many players of a high standard were unfamiliar with many of the Laws. But in fairness there are 42 of them to learn and and players are there to play, basically if they learn the main Laws of the game that is sufficient. If they are uncertain about anything the umpire will explain.

Oh dear, 15-2.

26-3 . Fcuk it.

Fcuking bottlers.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast