+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

As moronic as the media is over here, it's nowhere near the level of the UK media....all the pre game/tournament hype and slaughter, as soon as it goes wrong. Then we have KP gobbling off, maybe tongue in cheek, after they flogged Afghanistan, that the trophy is England's already.

As usual, when push comes to shove, the Poms have no ticker, fall short of what is required; faces screwed up in an " ooh that was close" pained look, as the ball runs down to the boundary**

** Amend that analogy to any sport you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bangladesh have to play India and Pakistan, so it's a big ask to win both games. A win against either India or New Zealand will probably be enough to see us limp into the semi finals, but we just don't seem to have the bottle to win when the chips are down.
    I don't see how we can beat either of them. England have shown consistently they can't play the full ball and it doesn't matter where the opposition put their boundary riders, we are very good at picking them out. Btw, I know he had that good innings against the Kabul Kats 2nd's, but I think Captain Morgan could have waited until after the world before reverting to play for Ireland again and don't even get me started on that useless cnut Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Because they do what it takes to win - eg, bring back Warner and Smith as soon as humanly possible and damn the optics. We won’t recall Hales if Roy is unfit, even though he’s obviously a better option than Vince to open.

We also have only one way to win. The likes of Australia and India have a Plan B.
    I am a better option to open than Vince. Ok, I have started so I will finish. If that useless cnut had anything about him, he would withdraw himself from the squad.
    Last edited by navypie; 26-06-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I am a better option to open than Vince. Ok, I have started so I will finish. If that useless cnut had anything about him, he would withdraw himself from the squad.
    And replaced by who?

We are not flush with quality openers. The fact that Bairstow AND Roy have played the majority of their cricket in the middle order tells you all you need to know about the lack of quality we have in the opening department.

Hales allegedly smoked a few joints so what. For Morgan to say the squad don’t want him around due to that is I suggest hypocritical as I’ll wager virtually everyone in the squad has smoked a joint.

Hales is a world class operator in 50 overs cricket and Vince is a Rampracash, flatters to deceive in County cricket and not good enough to deliver on the big stage.

They should draft Hales in for the India game even if Roy is fit.

... so much for believing that playing rounders is the way to play cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    And replaced by who?

We are not flush with quality openers. The fact that Bairstow AND Roy have played the majority of their cricket in the middle order tells you all you need to know about the lack of quality we have in the opening department.
    Me, even though I have a broken shoulder at the moment, I would still be a better option than Vince. I was hoping they would move an out of form Moeen up to open yesterday and bring Curran in but no, we stick with a batsman that can't bat. What this world cup as proved to me is that we have a lot of flat track bullies.

Hales is a proven international opener who bats at the tempo needed its that simple there is no other option imo but England will go to Denly because its the gutless/easy thing to do.

We all work with people we dont like I would ask this question how much do our players REALLY want to win the cup being cynical some probably wanted Hales out to make sure they played.

Dont get me started on Bayliss I tell you this if it was Australia or India then Hales would be in.

Its not over YET but its getting very tight now.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Hales is a proven international opener who bats at the tempo needed its that simple there is no other option imo but England will go to Denly because its the gutless/easy thing to do.

We all work with people we dont like I would ask this question how much do our players REALLY want to win the cup being cynical some probably wanted Hales out to make sure they played.

Dont get me started on Bayliss I tell you this if it was Australia or India then Hales would be in.

Its not over YET but its getting very tight now.
    You are right, Hales would be playing if he was Australian or Indian. I didn't just think we would win this world cup, I thought we walk it. How wrong I was and for me it's all over for our flat track bullies.

Just watching a great South African side chase down a massive, but smaller total than the present great Sri Lankan side posted against us. Bairstow calls criticism " negative and pathetic" . No idea why.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast