+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Micheal " Whispering Death " Holding is no spring chicken legs!
    I know mate he has probably been kept on as he is the regular WI pundit.

I've also read ICC get to select some pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    After football, cricket is the most played sport in the world, so the minority you may be in is still a big one!
    Where did it say cricket is the most played after football? It is only played mainly in the commonwealth countries I would be very surprised if it beats the likes of tennis or basketball or even golf. The world's largest countries like Russia, China and the States don't play cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Where did it say cricket is the most played after football? It is only played mainly in the commonwealth countries I would be very surprised if it beats the likes of tennis or basketball or even golf. The world's largest countries like Russia, China and the States don't play cricket.
    An interesting read on this subject of popularity. The participation list is very different from the popularity list it seems.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/game...%99-popularity

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I know mate he has probably been kept on as he is the regular WI pundit.

I've also read ICC get to select some pundits.
    Pundits, good or bad and despite the weather, I'm really enjoying this World Cup. England, NZ, India and those blasted Oz-Zies looking good, but I don't know if I'm surprised or not that the South Africans don't seem to have turned up.

I agree those 4 teams are the ones I expected to be the SF teams.

Purely on the bowling attacks they have especially in English conditions.

SA have some really talented players but much of the squad are bits and pieces players so the likes of De Kock & Rabada need to have stormers to give them a chance against the better sides.

I'm off to Trent Bridge on Thursday hoping to see Bangladesh turn the Aussies over. I won't be joining in but I hope the crowd boo Smith and Warner. Just the devil in me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm off to Trent Bridge on Thursday hoping to see Bangladesh turn the Aussies over. I won't be joining in but I hope the crowd boo Smith and Warner. Just the devil in me.
    They surely will, and it will likely have the same effect it does on ex players who are booed at football games. They play better.

For me, despite their loss to India the Aussies are the team to fear. They are underrated and I’ve no doubt will turn England over in a semi final.

Then I fear we will also struggle in the ashes against them.

Crap for me and my Aussie missus....

I hear you Don we have a better team than the Aussies but with injuries mounting up lets just hope we dont clash with them.

India are the team to beat imo they look to have all bases covered.

We have to deliver now Bayliss has pretty much messed the test team up for this and if he doesnt bring home the cup I will see it as failure.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    They surely will, and it will likely have the same effect it does on ex players who are booed at football games. They play better.

For me, despite their loss to India the Aussies are the team to fear. They are underrated and I’ve no doubt will turn England over in a semi final.

Then I fear we will also struggle in the ashes against them.

Crap for me and my Aussie missus....
    It might have that effect but you should know better than me that if it had been the likes of Root and Stokes caught tampering with the ball, their life's would be made hell over there. Booooooooooooooooooooooo

Another good win today, Morgan was awesome. If I was betting man I would ask ( well I have no idea how to place a bet ) Elite ( I know he likes his cricket ) to stick £2 on us to win it for me.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast