+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Cricket World Cup

If we beat India on Sunday, suddenly everything looks rosy again. But can anybody honestly see that happening, given the respective form of the two sides going into the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    If we beat India on Sunday, suddenly everything looks rosy again. But can anybody honestly see that happening, given the respective form of the two sides going into the game?
    If we did manage to snap out of the malaise and beat India it would be the turnaround of the tournament I reckon.

Afghans threw that game no way as captain do you put pace on the ball when they are struggling to pick spin let along hit runs.

Might be hard getting a cab in Birmingham today.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I didn't just think we would win this world cup, I thought we walk it. How wrong I was and for me it's all over for our flat track bullies.
    Don't give up too soon shipmate. Hopefully we've been given the kick up the arse we needed and will start playing to our potential.

I still hope to pay out on the free bet I gave you.

Lot of allegations being thrown about saying that India lost that on purpose.

Have to say, I couldn’t entirely disagree with much confidence, but England played well.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Yes listened all night on a crappy radio to his superb 174 against the Aussies.
    I am not a big fan of cricket, but, that was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lot of allegations being thrown about saying that India lost that on purpose.
    Presumably to try and get Pakistan knocked out?

Pakistan fans can moan as much as they like India did not throw that game they are still not through yet and they would want to top the group.

Now the Afghan v Pakistan game spin is causing all sorts of trouble so after 45 overs Afghan captain bowls himself a medium pacer and 3 full tosses yeah nothing dodgy there Mmmmmm.

We deserved to win its that simple the smart captains bat first from now it seems 80% of games are won batting first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Presumably to try and get Pakistan knocked out?
    Yep and apparently there’s history of Pakistan doing the same to them when Dhoni was captain.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast