+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the takeover a distraction...

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The distractions have come about with regularity almost every single transfer window.

I'm living in hope that this one's the exception.
    I think this is the reason that Bin Z are making these statements - they seem clued up on recent history at the club and Ashley.

I am still firmly in the view that it is all a load of boIIocks.

I realy hope I'm wrong, but once burnt...............

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    I am still firmly in the view that it is all a load of boIIocks.

I realy hope I'm wrong, but once burnt...............
    Bingo.

I mean is there any proof of anything happening that isn't just "I think x because y and z" or "It feels different this time" because that's a hell of a lot of supposition..... and from what I can gather fairly unanimously the press are saying there's no proof of funfs and no process has been started b3cause there's not even been a bid yet...

I hope that we can get something out of these rumours. Fresh claims today that it is close to happening. Here's hoping.

I aint getting suckered this time. I'm untouchable by this now.

I 51% believe there is a deal on the table - like there probably has been before but it comes down to whether fat bolloxx deems it enough to sell being that little fat ***kers are usually fat for good reason - greed.

This is the question. Does he want to let it go for a reasonable price or will he try to over indulge and suck all the marrow out of the bones by asking for more than he deserves (advertising, etc)

I would be as equally unsurprised if a deal does or doesn't go through but my doubt surrounds the timing - end of season, transfer window open, Rafa's contract. Could he be delaying to suck the Sky money out and flog a few players first? Is he holding out? Who knows, I do know he will suit himself and will have no quams about being dishonest to acheive his goals and not for a minute will he think twice about shafting the fans along the way for an extra pound.

This takeover feels different though, and the green bigots have already given Lennon the job which suggests to me that Rafa is going nowhere - not that he would consider going there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by toonsy View Post
    Bingo.

I mean is there any proof of anything happening that isn't just "I think x because y and z" or "It feels different this time" because that's a hell of a lot of supposition..... and from what I can gather fairly unanimously the press are saying there's no proof of funfs and no process has been started b3cause there's not even been a bid yet...
    My advice is don’t believe anything in the papers but just read the two BZ statements.
    These statements are the only thing different from the previous ‘attempted’ bids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I aint getting suckered this time. I'm untouchable by this now.

I 51% believe there is a deal on the table - like there probably has been before but it comes down to whether fat bolloxx deems it enough to sell being that little fat ***kers are usually fat for good reason - greed.

This is the question. Does he want to let it go for a reasonable price or will he try to over indulge and suck all the marrow out of the bones by asking for more than he deserves (advertising, etc)

I would be as equally unsurprised if a deal does or doesn't go through but my doubt surrounds the timing - end of season, transfer window open, Rafa's contract. Could he be delaying to suck the Sky money out and flog a few players first? Is he holding out? Who knows, I do know he will suit himself and will have no quams about being dishonest to acheive his goals and not for a minute will he think twice about shafting the fans along the way for an extra pound.

This takeover feels different though, and the green bigots have already given Lennon the job which suggests to me that Rafa is going nowhere - not that he would consider going there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    My advice is don’t believe anything in the papers but just read the two BZ statements.
    These statements are the only thing different from the previous ‘attempted’ bids.
    May aswell be "BS" statements rather than "BZ" statements.

As I've said I'd love to have this wrong, I'd love for it to be a change of ownership, but I'm nowhere near convinced any of this has any real substance.

It's sad that I trust Ashley that little that I'd not put this past this being one big PR exercise regardless of what some Arab nobody has ever heard of says...

Quote Originally Posted by toonsy View Post
    May aswell be "BS" statements rather than "BZ" statements.

As I've said I'd love to have this wrong, I'd love for it to be a change of ownership, but I'm nowhere near convinced any of this has any real substance.

It's sad that I trust Ashley that little that I'd not put this past this being one big PR exercise regardless of what some Arab nobody has ever heard of says...
    Well, you´ve obviously made your mind up but the fact of the matter is that you don´t know what´s going on and neither do I.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)