+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the takeover a distraction...

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Well, you´ve obviously made your mind up but the fact of the matter is that you don´t know what´s going on and neither do I.
    No. But using past convention I'd not be holding out much breath.

I mean wasn't Staveley all mouth then nothing happened? Kenyon too put out a statement but that also hit the skids, so you'll forgive me for not quite listening to much until or unless something concrete actually happens.

And to think all of this in yet another transfer window period....

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Only if Bin Zayed are doing Ashley´s dirty work for him. Ashley has said nothing.
    so by default if this doesn't go through its because ashley has stuffed up or had no intentions of selling anyway.

Does Ashley sell profit making businesses ?

So. What are people's thoughts on the take-over ? Still believing or think it's another Ashley con job ?

I'll go for Ashley con.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    So. What are people's thoughts on the take-over ? Still believing or think it's another Ashley con job ?

I'll go for Ashley con.
    Never believed it in the first place.

Still don't.

No amount of saying its some holiday or that the working week is different or some other straw-clutching attempt at rationalizing will alter that view. The onky thing that will change it is if anything is actually confirmed.

Until then... well, we've been here before numerous times haven't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post

I'll go for Ashley con.
    Honestly don't know. I need to try to disassociate how much I want it to happen from how much I think it'll happen based on what we know so far-both in terms of what they've said and in terms of what's happened before, especially with the Staveley and Kenyon situations.

One of the things i'm clinging to (see, I can't do it ) is that I reckon fatso or his people would have come out and rubbished it (or leaked their disappointment, etc) by now if there was nothing in it.

anyone remember schiz from way back ??

he works with and meets a lot of people connected in the business - he tweeted this a couple of days ago

Just heard a rumour that Ashley is holding off of the Sheikh’s bid (Which there has been) as there is 3 other interested parties and he’s holding off for a bidding war and it’s his team that has released the details and price of the bid #nufc

It's a distraction again, and yet if it's not true it will break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    It's a distraction again, and yet if it's not true it will break my heart.
    He want's to sell believe me,I think he regrets buying us in the first place..
    He's a retail businessman and nothing more.In what other business could you make £100m plus then see said business devalued by 75% ie relegation..
    Just wish the fat cnut would hurry up though...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    He want's to sell believe me,I think he regrets buying us in the first place..
    He's a retail businessman and nothing more.In what other business could you make £100m plus then see said business devalued by 75% ie relegation..
    Just wish the fat cnut would hurry up though...
    Why are you so sure he wants to sell his profitable business?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)