+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rondon deal .does it really matter?

Rondon deal .does it really matter?

Do you think we need to sign him
    Do you think he is the future of Newcastle United
    To me he did a great job ,without his goals we would have been relegated
    But if a takeover is happening I think we can get a much better striker

It's an interesting one (as John Anderson would say).

He's clearly the type of player Rafa wants up front-holds the ball up well, brings other players into the game, scores goals. He had his best season under Rafa and with a proper pre-season behind him I think he could actually improve next year, despite approaching 30. Obviously his finishing could be better and we've lived off scraps for so long we've almost come to think of any striker just getting double figures has had a good season. Tbh, Kev-I'd like to keep him and spend decent money on another striker.

I'd certainly keep him but not for 16.5 million and in the last year of his contract with W.B.A who are in the championship and also having had the lions share of the overall loan deal, us having already paid out a a few million just to loan him whilst they pay us nothing to loan Gayle.

10 to 12 million would be tops for me.
    I'm sure we'll get in a striker for decent money if we don't get Rondon, plus we do still have Gayle who I believe still offers a lot to us if played correctly, which could easily be with Rondon, as I think they would suit each other a treat.

It's going to be down to what manager will decide and obviously what the owner sanctions, whichever and whoever they all might be.

I'd love a top striker back at the club .I think he can help us out but I don't see him as the future .

I want him to stay as he fitted in well with the style Rafa used this season. Heīs strong and not missed many opportunities. He was, however, ineffectual at the Baggies and they couldnīt wait to get him out on loan. (Bit like Gayle for us). They saod he could hold up play well but couldnīt hit a barn door.....

For this reason I think heīll be very keen to stay.

Of course it matters.

you can't replace the whole team in one go - so if this takeover does happen - we will improve by bringing in players to replace the worst on our team, not the best.

it has to be a gradual progress to work efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Do you think we need to sign him
    Do you think he is the future of Newcastle United
    To me he did a great job ,without his goals we would have been relegated
    But if a takeover is happening I think we can get a much better striker
    Ive said before, i just dont get what the hype is with Rondon.
    Im probably being too harsh but i simply cant get excited about a striker that MAY scrape 10 league goals a season.
    Same as this Joelinton lad. 40-60m for a lad thats got 11 goals in Germany.
    **** sake Shola had a better goals to games ratio than these two lads many times, and he rarely started

We should sign him. 16m isn't too much in the current environment as we are asking 20m for Gayle.

I agree though that we need to sign another quality, younger striker for however much to compete with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'd certainly keep him but not for 16.5 million and in the last year of his contract with W.B.A who are in the championship and also having had the lions share of the overall loan deal, us having already paid out a a few million just to loan him whilst they pay us nothing to loan Gayle.

10 to 12 million would be tops for me.
    I'm sure we'll get in a striker for decent money if we don't get Rondon, plus we do still have Gayle who I believe still offers a lot to us if played correctly, which could easily be with Rondon, as I think they would suit each other a treat.

It's going to be down to what manager will decide and obviously what the owner sanctions, whichever and whoever they all might be.
    Wrong

Personally i'd take him take over or no take over.

Yes he's 30 and yes it's 16.5 million but he has prem experience and knows how Rafa wants to play which will be massively valuable in first part of season.

We certainly need another younger striker but i'd def push for the Rondon deal as well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)