Get your very own personalised Tykes Chat gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sir Michael Parkinsons nterview with Piers Morgan

O/T Sir Michael Parkinsons nterview with Piers Morgan

I thought Parky came across as a decent Humble bloke , genuinely emotional , as for P Morgan he's shyte

Did he give the town a plug roma ?

Yes , proud of where he came from , didn't mention Football club tho , His dad apparently gave him a rollockin after he interviewed Cassius Clay , he se " arr michael , wy dint tha bray him " worth a watch on catch up , not been a fan of Parky , but he did brilliantly as a chat show host IMO , i've a different view on him after last night , I suppose he has done very well considering his adversaries at the time , and particularly where he came from , good onnim

Last time I saw or heard of him at Oakwell wo when we got promoted to premiership. Suddenly Barnsleys biggest fan that day. Might have been at Wembley coz thats near home for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I thought Parky came across as a decent Humble bloke , genuinely emotional , as for P Morgan he's shyte
    Al gi it a watch Roma. Can't fekkin stand P Morgan though. Arrogant gobshyte whos pinching a living. Al tolerate him for Parkys sake.

Parky's been dropped from that Sun Life Insurance advert ("Hello June. I've got more parsnips than I know what to do with") and been replaced with that Alan Titchmarsh as the homely, reliable, reassuring face of the company.

Summats not reyt. Whats Parky done ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Parky's been dropped from that Sun Life Insurance advert ("Hello June. I've got more parsnips than I know what to do with") and been replaced with that Alan Titchmarsh as the homely, reliable, reassuring face of the company.

Summats not reyt. Whats Parky done ?
    Runnart ov them Parker Pens ivvrybody got fo nowt , forra quote nar tha gets a packet ov seeds , a lot cheerpa

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Last time I saw or heard of him at Oakwell wo when we got promoted to premiership. Suddenly Barnsleys biggest fan that day. Might have been at Wembley coz thats near home for him.

He was at the Ipswich playoff final . I spoke to him and Dickie bird outside Wembley before we went in.
    My dad lives near them in cudworth. He and my uncles hated him .

Watched it last neet, enjoyed that Roma. Darn to earth blowk frum tarn who med summat o himsen

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Watched it last neet, enjoyed that Roma. Darn to earth blowk frum tarn who med summat o himsen
    A think wiv all edda gu at blowk at some time , cos of our football teeum mainly , allus seems to be at big games etc , av nowt ageeun him or D ickie , it's not their fault cameras follorum at games , in fairness we should bi proud in arr Town onnum fo what thuv achieved

Cant we send him and the likes of D. Bird the 'Blunt' off to a desert island somewhere... permanently!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Cant we send him and the likes of D. Bird the 'Blunt' off to a desert island somewhere... permanently!!.
    Why ? There frumtarn thar not !! Thuv been to moor games than thee also , wen wa last time tha went ageeun ? !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Why ? There frumtarn thar not !! Thuv been to moor games than thee also , wen wa last time tha went ageeun ? !
    Like I said Roma, and to be honest I really dont have to explain why do I...
    "Cant we send him and the likes of D. Bird the 'Blunt' off to a desert island somewhere... permanently!!. "

If that embarrassing pratt D. Bird was so from your taarn then, why did he so disgustingly suck up to the Blunts of all teams eh a few seasons ago. He talked like he was a lifelong fan of them because they offered him a Blunts tie, and a place in the box, and probably a free meal and drinks bar on the day ?.
    (and dont you or anybody else try and accuse me of being the only one who thinks this!!)

Last edited by Acido; 09-06-2019 at 09:57 PM.

I'll accuse thi.

I'll accuse thi.
    I'll second that & why do you refer to it as "Your taarn" so disrespectfully
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 10-06-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I found out recently , Mr Bird and Kevin Mcabe are lifelong pals, the tie bit was a bit of fun between the 2 of them , nothing more than that , ( it didn't look good at the time I admit ) ,

A dunt understand why an elderly blowk who dunt do nubdy no harm gets called an embarrassing prat. He's donated very generously to kids in hospitals who are less fortunate. The Sheffield United thing, there was an overreaction to it. Folk his age dunt look at rivalry between Yorkshire clubs like other younger generations do.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A dunt understand why an elderly blowk who dunt do nubdy no harm gets called an embarrassing prat. He's donated very generously to kids in hospitals who are less fortunate. The Sheffield United thing, there was an overreaction to it. Folk his age dunt look at rivalry between Yorkshire clubs like other younger generations do.
    Totally agree pass
    Very generous man in finance as well as in spirit
    We should be very proud of him
    Spoke to him a few times in cafe in Mapplewell
    Top bloke

I'll accuse thi.
    Yes Im sure you will Zak Dingle Senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I'll second that & why do you refer to it as "Your taarn" so disrespectfully
    Well kid, how many times do I keep getting told on here by fans that Im NOT from the taarn eh ?.
    I know Im not and I never do claim this, and Im happy to tell people this regularly when they make this mistake of thinking Im from "Your taarn".

Im proud of this team of ours that I DO support, and I have done since season 1980-81.
    But Im also proud of who I am, and where I come from as well (not South, but West Yorks). Why do you or anybody else have a problem with that eh ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 10-06-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast