+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deal with the USA

Trade Deal with the USA

When (if) we leave the EU we will be scrambling around looking for trade deals with other countries to replace our current deal with the EU.

I find it worrying that Boris, Nigel, and people of their ilk seem to be cosying up to Donald Trump here.

A trade deal with the USA would likely involve importing American food which is produced at much lower health standards than in the EU. Chlorinated chicken for example.

Without doubt the Americans would be very keen to put private money into the NHS and I, for one, would hate that.

We would also have pressure on us not to deal with Chinese tech firm Huawei, which could cause a problem with doing trade with China, who we have been forging closer trading ties with.

Looking at how America currently operates, with Donald imposing random trade tariffs on countries for random reasons, I think it unwise to be too reliant on trade deals with them.

We currently work with the wider EU to combat climate change. We would be leaving that and joining forces with a country whose leader is a climate change denier (it is a made up thing by the Chinese apparently)

If we didn't agree with him on his policy in Israel/Palestine or Iran, would there be a price to pay?

Personally, I would opt for the status quo thank you very much.

Bloody hell! It's not even 9 o'clock on a Monday morning 1959_60 and I am in total 100% agreement with you on this one.

Johnson and Farage would hive off the NHS to the Yanks to line their own pockets in a heartbeat. No thanks!

Aye BT, and they are not the only ones.

But I expect that in the next few weeks these two will be heralding a new dawn in trading relationships with the USA - as long as we have a no deal exit from the EU.

I totally agree with you both. I am very sceptical of any dealing with Trump and as you say it would appear that both Johnson & Farage would be his puppets. In all honesty I think Trump should be denied access to Britain, as he appears to be a racist bigot within his own country and can not be trusted in the slightest.

FFS, not the old chlorinated chicken again. TDS rules OK.

Totally in agreement 59/60. Trump, Farage and Johnson - 3 loose cannons we could be in for an explosive time.Hopefully they'll fire each other into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Totally in agreement 59/60. Trump, Farage and Johnson - 3 loose cannons we could be in for an explosive time.Hopefully they'll fire each other into oblivion.
    It will certainly keep all the political officionados on here busy with things to get to grips with.

Boring Bastids..

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Who would you like then to do the dealing as it seems to me the rest who have had best part of 3 years now to negotiate etc simply haven’t or didn’t want to so who will we trust to get deals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    FFS, not the old chlorinated chicken again. TDS rules OK.
    Mrs S says it on the table for tonight's tea with a few chips.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)