+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Farage needs to be very careful

O/T Farage needs to be very careful

With the Peterborough By-Election nearing, the result could leave The Establishment in an awful position. The Brexit Vote was a shot across their bows, the EU Elections was a torpedo in their hull, however if The Brexit Party win the By-Election as convincingly as some political commentators predict, the only way to stop the de-stabilising of the Old Order could be worse than most decent people could bear to think. I am sure there are some who would like to see the back of Nigel Farage and I'm sure we all agree, that some of those people have tremendous power and are unanswerable to the Law of the Land.

Nigel Farage needs to be extremely careful and I hope for the democracy of the UK, there are people who will do their utmost to protect him. I'd feel the same for Jeremy Corbyn or whoever the new leader of the Tories will be if either of them were making waves as big as Farage is. Don't think for one minute that is could never happen in good old Blighty as it wouldn't be cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    With the Peterborough By-Election nearing, the result could leave The Establishment in an awful position. The Brexit Vote was a shot across their bows, the EU Elections was a torpedo in their hull, however if The Brexit Party win the By-Election as convincingly as some political commentators predict, the only way to stop the de-stabilising of the Old Order could be worse than most decent people could bear to think. I am sure there are some who would like to see the back of Nigel Farage and I'm sure we all agree, that some of those people have tremendous power and are unanswerable to the Law of the Land.

Nigel Farage needs to be extremely careful and I hope for the democracy of the UK, there are people who will do their utmost to protect him. I'd feel the same for Jeremy Corbyn or whoever the new leader of the Tories will be if either of them were making waves as big as Farage is. Don't think for one minute that is could never happen in good old Blighty as it wouldn't be cricket.

Only one way to see the back of Farage and that's deliver Brexit rather than delay, avoid, deny, obfuscate, etcetera, etcetera.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post

Stopped reading at ‘The Establishment’.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Why BFP, the Establishment wants to remain which is probably why we haven’t left yet and very likely won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Why, because it was a word of more than one syllable?

The intelligence services were very close to intervening in the Wilson government in the 60's and 70's and by todays political standards you wouldn't consider them extreme. Very unlikely Farage will win as the polls say he will.

If they want to kill him it wouldn't be that hard, just rachet up the rhetoric, play on visceral insticts like fear, patriotism, call him a traitor, demonise and depersonalise him to legitimise self-defence against a perceived existential threat, then claim plausible deniability when some nutjob takes him out.

We've already seen how well that works with the guy who stabbed the MP and the various letter bombs and so on in the US.

I still don't get how people consider Farage anti-establishment either. Out of Farage and Corbyn whose anti establishment credentials are better? I won't be voting for either of them but there's no doubt in my mind it's Corbyn.

Yes Wilson stood down when he found out about the cour that was planned.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    If they want to kill him it wouldn't be that hard, just rachet up the rhetoric, play on visceral insticts like fear, patriotism, call him a traitor, demonise and depersonalise him to legitimise self-defence against a perceived existential threat, then claim plausible deniability when some nutjob takes him out.

We've already seen how well that works with the guy who stabbed the MP and the various letter bombs and so on in the US.

I still don't get how people consider Farage anti-establishment either. Out of Farage and Corbyn whose anti establishment credentials are better? I won't be voting for either of them but there's no doubt in my mind it's Corbyn.
    Corbyn is basically a leaver so also not toeing the Establishment line.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Corbyn is basically a leaver so also not toeing the Establishment line.
    Again, the automatic equivalence between being pro Brexit and anti establishment baffles me.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast