+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Away kit

I think they choose away kits, knowing we need to wear/buy the third kit.
    At least it should be worn more times than the blue/black striped kit from last season.

Looks better than the home kit . Although a couple of friends said the home kit actually looks better up close rather than on the pics i have seen . Puma kits are very generic, if you look around the country kits are the same with different colours.I bet theirs a team that play in blue with a white chest and a blue stripe on their sleeve somewhere knocking around . Will buy the white one i think .

Well can you believe it, well yes I can.

Just called up and asked if there are any away shirts in stock. Yes , you've guessed it, no there isn't any!

Just like last year where they announced the new kits. Can we get anything right in the commercial dept?

Been told they are expecting them in from the 13th July onwards, so that leaves them 4 weeks before the season kicks off, providing they turn up on time......they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Total amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well can you believe it, well yes I can.

Just called up and asked if there are any away shirts in stock. Yes , you've guessed it, no there isn't any!

Just like last year where they announced the new kits. Can we get anything right in the commercial dept?

Been told they are expecting them in from the 13th July onwards, so that leaves them 4 weeks before the season kicks off, providing they turn up on time......they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Total amateurs.
    Like the season cards, you can pay in full in advance but can’t actually get the card until end of June.

Or like the iPhone XX that's coming out in 2125 but Apple have already started the marketing campaign to build up demand.

We should go back to keeping shirts for 2 years, with alternative years for home and away, that way they might be able to have them ready.

fc_miller, totally agree. I had exactly the same situation last year with kit arrival running late. How can they expect to keep up with demand, or make money, when the new season is so close but are running up to a deadline of 'possibly' 4 weeks before kick off?

And the sponsors get less time with their name on “mobile billboards”

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We should go back to keeping shirts for 2 years, with alternative years for home and away, that way they might be able to have them ready.
    I've thought this myself, but I suppose there must be so much money involved in releasing 3 every year, even if only a small percentage buy all 3, when they're actually available, that is.

Tbh from looking at various forums and football kit sites, we're far from unique in this.
    (the supply and availability problems)

Also as a side point it would help keep the creativity fresh, particularly the home shirt.
    There's only so much you can do with what we'd consider our traditional template, before you're re-hashing old ideas.

In fact that's been happening for years now for just about everybody, except its sold as ''reimagining a classic'', ''paying tribute to a fan's favourite'', '' taking inspiration from'', ''nod towards''

You've got to consider the sponsors. If we change the sponsor we have to sell the stock cheap and then replace it with new stock that has their name on it.

How much has the away kit sponsor changed from last season? Does being relegate change things?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast