+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fiorentina - Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Old friendship of sorts started when a minibus of local scallywags went down to meet some feisty Florentines at a Champions League match at Old Trafford. Think it was around the start of the millennium. Don't quote me on that and don't sue me if I'm slightly wrong.
    Was that when Batistuta scored the worldie

I will never tire of watching that

Aye that's the one pacman. The Florentines dared to dream when that screamer went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Aye that's the one pacman. The Florentines dared to dream when that screamer went in.
    You seem to have an affinity with teams that go bust and have to start again as a new club in the fourth tier

When live Italian fitba first made it onto our TV screens, Fiorentina were everyone's favourites.

What a team they had then.

Didn't they sack their manager and go from second to being relegated in the same season?

I'm not sure if they went from runners up to relegated.

Despite organising the manc meet up I didn't go myself due to last minute work commitment. Nightmare. I doubt support Fiorentina anyway.

They did go pop. Started again as Florentia Viola if I mind right, eventually got the green light to use a name closer to the one they had before but even now they are called ACF Fiorentina rather than the original AC Fiorentina.

You know what, it doesn't matter at all. It's the same club, same ground, same fans and nobody, but nobody, at any stage has given them any 'sevco' type stick.

I guess that's because it's happened to more clubs than it hasn't happened to over there. No big deal. It's just a business thing and the soul of the club continues no matter what the name changes to.

Ultimately a club is about the fans as they are the one true constant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123