+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben Purrington

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Any player (even at the highest level) is liable to under perform and if wrongly used against his will then he'll become a problem child. Some call it freezing a player out - then the player can be blamed for throwing the dummy out.

He won the league with Rangers and may have been right at Peterborough - he's a good player - I don't know the lad - I've no axe to grind either way but I know he came here to be developed by a respected coach and (in my opinion) lost interest when the fitness coach took over - the same reason Issy left - they had been brought up by the best clubs in the land and suddenly they were part of toy town set up - managed by the cone technician who couldn't "develop" measles.

That's just playing Devils advocate - looking from the boys perspective. The club couldn't have that fact around the club - so the "bad apple" propaganda started.

I think my version of events is more logical to be fair. Chelsea removed Issy for the same reason - Warne is no coach - not one to be trusted with the jewels of the Premiership clubs.

That's why I mourned the loss of a break the mould manager for Rotherham United. A true development coach.

All water under the bridge now and Warne is it for the foreseeable future. I'll be pleasantly surprised if any premier league teams trusts Warne to develop their youth talent. That is a lipmus test of his coaching prowess because we surely would like loans of that calibre. Time will tell on that one - fingers crossed.
    Fulham did. Brighton did.

If (for some strange reason) you enjoyed this episode of "LBJ knows best" you might be interested in the 100s of previous episodes available on catch-up via the search button. This episode will no doubt be repeated many many times.
    This series is a spin-off of the original, long running, much loathed, "I love Stubbsy" series. Ad nauseum productions.

Sounds profoundly like a remake of "Wrinkly knows best". Is it a rule of MM to read Wrinkly then retire. The last word on all things Rotherham United.
    I respect history and have a very good memory. Not one fact in Wrinkly's post - amazing but not unexpected. Just bile - what is your motivation?

"Fulham did. Brighton did"

Really ! A keeper who would face A LOT of shots ( practice not development) and a short legged leprechaun to get him off the books.

Hardly Izzy is it !

Come on Easy and Early! This is the second thread that you've taken off topic and turned it to a Domonic Ball freezing out conversation.
    The first one was when you and I discussed the issue.

Please start a thread if you want to but don't keep doing this please.

Frog, it's people like this that are killing this board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234