+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Purrington

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Looks like we have subsidised Charlton to promotion and now handing them a tried and tested LB.

Done it for Aberdeen so why not Charlton.

Yes we need cover for LB but we always lack "cover" for key positions. All a bit crazy really.
    How have we subsidised Aberdeen to promotion?

What perentage of his wages did RUFC pay?

Sometimes the Chemistry isn’t there. Done good for Plymouth & also Charlton. The Charlton fans like him. Not sure whether the Manager believes he is up to Championship level.. It is a massive gulf. If he does, then 300k will do nicely. Sorted.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 03-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Doesn’t matter how good a player is, if he doesn’t want to play for a club forcing him to would just be a complete waste of time.

I still think it’s down to him disliking communal barbecues

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I still think it’s down to him disliking communal barbecues
    I'll be glad when PW moves onto square dancing as the team building exercise of choice because your constant BBQ references are starting to light me up and make me want to spit.

I am the God of Hellfire....and I bring you

https://youtu.be/FaHEusBG20c

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I am the God of Hellfire....and I bring you

https://youtu.be/FaHEusBG20c
    Not the Clifton Park rendition!

Me too, give it an effing rest.

"It’s down to paying wages to a bench warmer"

Agree but any business plan has to "hang together".....you make more product so electric bills go up!

Your ambitious to grow in the football world - you need cover in every position.

That still bothers me about Dom Ball - he could cover several key positions yet frozen out. That is he couldn't be "managed" properly. Who's fault is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "It’s down to paying wages to a bench warmer"

Agree but any business plan has to "hang together".....you make more product so electric bills go up!

Your ambitious to grow in the football world - you need cover in every position.

That still bothers me about Dom Ball - he could cover several key positions yet frozen out. That is he couldn't be "managed" properly. Who's fault is that ?
    It seems as though there’s a wage budget that only allows for a regular set of players with any backup players being in the “as cheap as possible” category. So there won’t be any appetite to pay Purrington a full wage for him to occasionally have a run our at Roundwood with the fringe players.

As for Dom Ball, as you suggest it might be a management issue. Warne’s band of brothers type approach has its strengths, but managing the “awkward” players isn’t one of those strengths

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast