+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little time, to think it over, I need a little time, to find the truth...

Need a little time, to think it over, I need a little time, to find the truth...

Alreet bonny lads n lasses. I hope ya'all had a canny weekend.

Plenty of nonsense out there regarding the take over.

Following the UK media output over the weekend, I can see that there is a lot of so-called-sports-Journos and media outlets pumping out dross click-bait rubbish which will no doubt frustrate and irritate the fan base of our historic club.

From my perspective here in the Arabic Gulf (Qatar to be precise) I can tell you it looks quite clear cut.

As I've commented before it's Ramadan, the whole month. During Ramadan working hours are reduced to 4-6 hrs a day (still on full pay - wahay!) and my muslim colleagues all fast as is customary. So no water or food during day-light hours as you can imagine most folks are not caffeinated / full of beans so very little gets done.

I read this article about the cultural differences to Britain which goes some way to explaining why things are progressing slower than we all would hope.

I've also been whatsapping a few friends who work in Sport Broadcasting (I'm an broadcasting engineering manager here so we run in the same circles) waiting for the 'connected' guys to get back to me. As I said it being almost Eid (think about it as Islamic christmas - everyone is on holiday with family) so the responses are much delayed and usually 'Inshallah' (it's gods will - classic arabic response, like the Yorkshire 'Be Reet') at the moment but I'm waiting on hearing back from a couple of guys who are generally in the know.

Once I get something better I'll update you all, Eid Mubrak David

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/06/03...e-middle-east/

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Alreet bonny lads n lasses. I hope ya'all had a canny weekend.

Plenty of nonsense out there regarding the take over.

Following the UK media output over the weekend, I can see that there is a lot of so-called-sports-Journos and media outlets pumping out dross click-bait rubbish which will no doubt frustrate and irritate the fan base of our historic club.

From my perspective here in the Arabic Gulf (Qatar to be precise) I can tell you it looks quite clear cut.

As I've commented before it's Ramadan, the whole month. During Ramadan working hours are reduced to 4-6 hrs a day (still on full pay - wahay!) and my muslim colleagues all fast as is customary. So no water or food during day-light hours as you can imagine most folks are not caffeinated / full of beans so very little gets done.

I read this article about the cultural differences to Britain which goes some way to explaining why things are progressing slower than we all would hope.

I've also been whatsapping a few friends who work in Sport Broadcasting (I'm an broadcasting engineering manager here so we run in the same circles) waiting for the 'connected' guys to get back to me. As I said it being almost Eid (think about it as Islamic christmas - everyone is on holiday with family) so the responses are much delayed and usually 'Inshallah' (it's gods will - classic arabic response, like the Yorkshire 'Be Reet') at the moment but I'm waiting on hearing back from a couple of guys who are generally in the know.

Once I get something better I'll update you all, Eid Mubrak David

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/06/03...e-middle-east/

Apparently Ashley has decided his getting rid to focus on other business ventures which is positive that this is the end of MASH and the humiliation of NUFC

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2019...ess-interests/

Eid has been announced for tomorrow so we're gonna be off for the rest of this week. Arabic world works Sunday to Thursday (Friday is Sunday / holy day) so we could see an announcement Monday next week.

Until then lads and lasses keep calm and carry on

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2019...ess-interests/

Nicely thought out and good to get a perspective from Middle East.

So is Eid the whole week?

Kids at school i work at are only off for Tuesday/Weds.

Friday is a holy day for me too - work as little as possible and drink loads of red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Nicely thought out and good to get a perspective from Middle East.

So is Eid the whole week?

Kids at school i work at are only off for Tuesday/Weds.
    Aye so the majority of staff (not shift workers) have been off work since last Thursday (Friday / Saturday is the weekend here we work Sunday - Thursday as Friday is Islamic holy day like Sunday used to be for us) and have 9 days off.

For the rest of us we have Tuesday - Thursday off and the weekend. However a lot of folks treat Eid like we treat Christmas and book a few cheeky days off either side to extend the holidays and return to Lebanon, Egypt / their home country for a long 2-3 week vacation with family.

This is Eid Al Fitr 'Breaking fast for Eid' at the end or Ramadan. Generally normal work resumes about 2-3 weeks after Eid so 3 weeks from Friday.

Then 11th to 14th of August is 'Eid al-Adha' which is a remembrance of Ibrahim (same as Abraham from our bible - same dude same teaching) as he is considered to be as important to Islam as the prophet Muhammed however as he's the same guy as our Abraham ya generally don't here about that bit of Islam, 'Islam give praise and worship to an Israelite Jewish Prophet and one of the most significant figures in Christianity' it doesn't really cause a lot of controversy that one does it, doesn't really sell news papers or do much to support Knuckle draggers like Tommy Robinson's claims that Muslims are evil because in a roundabout way he would be saying our faith is also evil.

After Eid al-Adha things go back to normal until Christmas when all us European Christians, atheists and/or others head away for our vacation.

However we won't have to wait until Eid al-Adha to get a result lads and lasses, these guys will have their lawyers working with the FA to clear everything. They'll really enjoy gifting the Sheikh his new club as a gift during the Eid vacation.

It's more likely to be a case that if they get it done quickly he'll buy all a Ferrari each or a Lambo like a couple of lads I know got from a Sheikh for doing excellent work on his fleet of Yachts

Funny old world out here man!

Great stuff, man. Cheers.

I think from this end, it's all gone quiet because it's in the hands of the 'fit and proper persons' panel which, according to Bin Z's people can take between 10-15 days.

It'll be middle of next week at the earliest when we hear anything (positive or negative), I reckon.

Ove the thread title, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ove the thread title, by the way.
    (Takes a bow) I'm here all week, try the soup

But it's funny how quite the milk turns sour, isn't it, isn't it.

When a few gobsh!te in the press start spouting garbage just to twist the knife a bit more.

Like when the fat man turned up downing pints with the toon army, talking about signing Ronaldinho.

Soon after I remember thinking how promises, promises turned to dust, trust into... mistruuuuuust

hahaha

Had that beauty in my heed all day like, song that is, not the betrayal felt by Ashley.

Aye anyway, if they both signed the paper work and handed it to the FA 2 weeks ago as previously mentioned in the BZG statement then at most we are gonna wait till around the 20th.

Listened to the 'Everything is Black and White PodCast' Lee Ryder saying 'The club aren't saying anything but they haven't received an official offer yet' - WHAT!?! how did Sherlock Ryder figure that one out?

If they club aren't saying anything then it's on because those clowns love to sh!te on everything which might be described as positive for the fans.

The next thing they babbled about was the FA not making a statement. WHAT?!? did they pop down the phone box with 20p and ask if buzby was there? 'Hello my names Lee I'm a writer of the school paper and I want to know how many of those swivelly chairs have you got in your offices??'

As if the FA would make a comment or statement - it's not their place and if NDAs have been signed the FA could be in serious violation and subject to legal action and we ALL KNOW how the FA feel about legal action! Like Houdini or Kaiser Soze (makes blowing finger gesture) they were gone

From what I know about the Qataris and the Emiratis when they go for it they get it done. Mansour at City knocked it out without any problem.

Obviously that wasn't such big news back then, however since the take over they have become a major player and let's face it Man City are not the hype train Newcastle Unite are. There has always been hysteria around our club and with cash to burn Europe had better be worried.

one can only hope and pray

someone someday somewhere soon

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    one can only hope and pray

someone someday somewhere soon
    hahaha Cool ya jets Mandy it's not a Blue Monday yet pal!

What a good place, don't believe it
    Cause they speak a different language
    And it's never really happened to me
    Don't believe it, oh no
    'Cause it's never been happy for me

It'll be happy hour again soon lads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)