+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Southampton tomorrow. Four out of NZ, Aus, India, WI and Eng to qualify can't see any of the other 5 making it. Beat the Windies and I think we are almost there. Key is our top order v their pace attack.

Weather forecast OK.

87-0 after 10. C'mon Sri Lanka

Well we battered the Windies, what's the betting we come out over confident and off the pace next time out, when in truth the Windies bowling was probably the worst performance of the show so far.

Got my ante post voucher for the Kangaroo Boys at 11-2

Even the wife is excited watching this one and she doesn't even like/understand cricket

A completely inept performance by us with the bat.

I’m sure the slowness/stickiness of the wicket will be used as an excuse by some.

These low scoring matches seem to put us in a bad mindset when we bat second and we set off at a complacent rate.

The number of dot balls we played out today was ridiculous with Root and Morgan ( surprisingly ) being culprits.

Not enough urgency or dropping the ball and running quick singles.

As for Moin.

He clearly doesn’t like batting seven in 50 over cricket,he himself says he feels under pressure to whack it straight away and it’s not his game although he clearly can do it.

I think Plunkett is a loss when not batting at eight as well as he can smack it.

In these lower scoring matches I’d like to see us go for it from ball number one rather than dob it around like we did five years ago.

What happened to our exciting new “brand” today!?

Under real pressure now after another defeat to a weak side.

What a clusterf-ck of a team is this? Lost to hapless Pakistan and now lost to almost the worst team in the whole wide world. Any pretensions that we will win the World Cup have now gone. Ive said it before this England side aint got the mentality to win. Whoever plays England just make sure you make them bat second.

But the wife's excitement lasted for 10 mins which for a Friday night is prolonged excitement. Very polonged.

And talking of excitement I am already very excited about Lords on Tuesday. c'mon England.

Joe Root what an absolute wet lettuce...feckin tart.

And Lord's tomorrow. A very special venue and a very special adversary. C'mon England

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)