+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

If we’re not on our game tomorrow we’ll get our a r s e s handed to us!

I don’t want an elegant 20 from Vince and another Bairstow “rabbit in headlights” early dismissal.

I don’t want to see Root striking at 64 per hundred balls like he was the other day whilst protecting his average like Geoff Boycott.

Buttler needs to come to the party because so far he’s lived off reputation this World Cup.

Rashid needs to tighten up,he’s too expensive for the paltry number of wickets he’s taking at present.

And please god........if we bat second keep up close to the rate and stop poking around in the first 35 overs.

This “new brand” we’ve established is not worth s h I t if we are too scared to use it at the time it matters in a World Cup.

We might as well dig up Boycott,Edrich and Tavare if we aim to play like we did against Sri Lanka!

Even in muggy conditions we should have batted first against the Aussies, but our finest bottled it again. And now yet another defeat beckons.

Need my 12 year old grandson to grow up played against Lancashire yesterday 8-1-3-10.
    Last edited by goodlordmurphy; 25-06-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Absolutely pathetic.

Too many “Billy Big Bo ll ox” reputations not living up to the hype.

Opening with Root sent out all the wrong signals and will no doubt be derided by Nasser and by Bob Willis later on as “muddled thinking” which was something most of us realised as he walked out to bat!

I like Vince in domestic limited overs cricket but that needs to be his last 50 over match for England.

Another Buttler failure and once the fifth wicket goes down with us once again needing ten runs per over we are f o o k e d because we don’t have the quality after the first six or seven.

The bowlers need their a r s e s kicking for not bowling to the conditions and as for the fielding......FFS!

Once we face a bit of quality bowling we fold........I fear that Starc and company will have a field day in The Ashes.

A dismal effort once again on home turf,they’ve embarrassed the nation once again as predicted by some of us on here.

Professional and serial bottlers, how Ali and Vince get a game is beyond me, and the bowlers, utterly pathetic, we,ve seen it many times in test cricket where the conditions suit seam bowling only for us to bowl back of a length.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Even in muggy conditions we should have batted first against the Aussies, but our finest bottled it again. And now yet another defeat beckons.
    Choosing to bowl first was not the reason England got beat. We lost because we were outbowled,outbatted and outfielded.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Choosing to bowl first was not the reason England got beat. We lost because we were outbowled,outbatted and outfielded.
    All the more reason we should have batted first maybe then we might not have been outbatted. Our recent defeats batting second should have told us something. Mentally bust i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    All the more reason we should have batted first maybe then we might not have been outbatted. Our recent defeats batting second should have told us something. Mentally bust i'd say.
    Don't get your logic. Had we batted first and been outbatted, outbowled and outfielded would we have won! No one around me or on TMS suggested we bat first.

In those conditions we should and perhaps could have had them 40-3 after 10 and we probably win the game..

Can't ask for much better than the way they played against India, only way to improve it is get rid of Slow Root with the bat and looked scared of the ball when he dropped the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Can't ask for much better than the way they played against India, only way to improve it is get rid of Slow Root with the bat and looked scared of the ball when he dropped the catch.
    Totally agree about Root, i don't understand why Butler didn't come in earlier after the start they got, but watching the Indians bat it was pretty obvious they wanted to lose to try and put the Pakistanis out of the tournament, match fixing really but nothing will get done.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)