+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Anyone else want to add a positive? Go on I know you want to!
    Just because we make constructive criticism does not mean that we don't want England to win.

No problem with constructive criticism but where oh where is the praise?

Anyone else want to add a positive? Go on I know you want to!
    I'm not overly keen on cricket but it's on Sky so I can't really complain as not having Sky means I won't be watching it.

That's very much a positive for me as I'll be off out to cut the grass and have a couple of beers in the sun later .

And on the subject of Slow Root some of you are very very definitely 'missing the point'

One of his jobs is to rotate the strike so the big hitters can do their stuff and superb he is at it.

v NZ he shared a stand of 71 in 72 balls with Bairstow. Root faced 25 balls for his 24 whilst Bairstow made 47 off 48.
    Look at the India match and the stats regarding ratio of balls faced is similar.

No problem with constructive criticism but where oh where is the praise?
    What do want us to do, bump gloves?

We are probably pre-occupied with Root's slowness, however, Bairstow's fantastic 100 and Jason Roy's 60 gave us much needed impetus to get what eventually was a winning score on a fading track, in previous games Stokes quick scoring helping to do the same 70 off 50 balls is travelling by any standards. As I said in one of my posts the catch down the leg side to dismiss Guptil was ab-fab. There were lots more to heap praise on, the bowling has been pretty sound and I think if we continue to bat first in the same mindset then we will be hard to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI
    Last edited by goodlordmurphy; 05-07-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Sky have announced that the World Cup final will be free to watch if England make the final.

Woakes is good.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Woakes is good.
    No Gloucestershire players in the side!

Can’t think of one since Jack Russell and Fred West we’re in their pomp.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    What do want us to do, bump gloves?

We are probably pre-occupied with Root's slowness, however, Bairstow's fantastic 100 and Jason Roy's 60 gave us much needed impetus to get what eventually was a winning score on a fading track, in previous games Stokes quick scoring helping to do the same 70 off 50 balls is travelling by any standards. As I said in one of my posts the catch down the leg side to dismiss Guptil was ab-fab. There were lots more to heap praise on, the bowling has been pretty sound and I think if we continue to bat first in the same mindset then we will be hard to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI
    Hate a fist bump. Quick nod of acknowledgement much better. Hoping to get tickets for Lords IF we get there.

Aus v Sa good finish. I hope it's Aus in the semis. Off to the Italian now lets see if I can can get the wailter interested.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)