+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cricket World Cup

Here we go again. We whopped Pakistan in the one day series but when it really matters we lose to em and Pakistan are a really p1ss poor team. Still we have Bangladesh next, ought to be a stroll

Terrible performance Phil, bad bowling, lots of misfields, looked like they hadn't played before at times.
    Buttler's innings was very good and although Root got a ton he was awful slow as a run a ball isn't good enough any more.

I said before the first match that we’d mess this up.

I’m fed up of hearing how Root is “the glue” that holds the batting together......on days like today he takes up too many deliveries!

107 off 104 balls is self indulgent b o l l o x......too many wasted dot balls!

We needed 7 per over and Root stupidly bats at 6 per over and over the course of his innings of over 17 overs we end up losing by the number of runs he should’ve attained.

Only Buttler,Woakes and Wood batted at the required rate or above.

It p I s s e s me off watching Morgan and others prodding deliveries back for dot balls,EVERY ball apart from a decent bouncer is a scoring opportunity for a quick single.

I’ll never understand why a team lets themselves get behind the scoring rate like we did today,once you’re 15-20 runs behind the required rate at any stage you surely have to get the long handle out and risk a wicket by smacking it for a couple of overs!

I like Moin as a cricketer but 7 in the order feels one too high in the 50 over side when a chase has left him behind the eight ball.

I just feel like we lack a bit of power at 7 and 8 and once we go 5 wickets down and we’re 20/30 behind the rate I expect us to lose.

My main beef is too many players batting at 4-5 runs per over and leaving Buttler and the tail with too much to do.

Wake up FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I’m fed up of hearing how Root is “the glue” that holds the batting together......on days like today he takes up too many deliveries!

We needed 7 per over and Root stupidly bats at 6 per over and over the course of his innings of over 17 overs we end up losing by the number of runs he should’ve attained.

It p I s s e s me off watching Morgan and others prodding deliveries back for dot balls,EVERY ball apart from a decent bouncer is a scoring opportunity for a quick single.

I’ll never understand why a team lets themselves get behind the scoring rate like we did today,once you’re 15-20 runs behind the required rate at any stage you surely have to get the long handle out and risk a wicket by smacking it for a couple of overs!

I like Moin as a cricketer but 7 in the order feels one too high in the 50 over side when a chase has left him behind the eight ball.

I just feel like we lack a bit of power at 7 and 8 and once we go 5 wickets down and we’re 20/30 behind the rate I expect us to lose.

My main beef is too many players batting at 4-5 runs per over and leaving Buttler and the tail with too much to do.

Wake up FFS.
    The bowling and fielding cost us yesterdays match not the batting. And to say because Root stupidly bats at 'only' 6 an over and Morgan justs prodes is stupid.

If you left out players with a strike rate of less than 100 then the likes of Gilchrist, McCullum, Warner, Hales, Stokes. Dhoni and Kohli would all be left out. Most of the players with a stike rate of 100+ have and average below 30 (only Buttler has 40+)Root has an average of 51.

Wake up FFS.
    You said we'd mess it up. We ain't.

For me it was mainly down to a bad day in the field. Bowling was not as accurate as usual and fielding was not up to scratch which is so unlike this England team. Yes we didn’t get the runs to win but after posting a very good score, due to our poor performance in the field, we gave them something to defend which they did.
    As with all top sport, the game is decided by fine margins and for once we made mistakes in the field which proved costly. Still a very good England side which has the ability, along with several other sides, to win this World Cup but we won’t if we perform in the field like we did today.

Why do people look forward to cricket and expect England to do well? Who was it who beat us last year Holland or Scotland? We are only rated so high because not many countries in the world play the game.
    The trouble with the English in sports is they don't have the raw aggression and drive that nations like America, Australia and Germany have.
    Anyone can be a good loser, to winners losing is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The bowling and fielding cost us yesterdays match not the batting. And to say because Root stupidly bats at 'only' 6 an over and Morgan justs prodes is stupid.

If you left out players with a strike rate of less than 100 then the likes of Gilchrist, McCullum, Warner, Hales, Stokes. Dhoni and Kohli would all be left out. Most of the players with a stike rate of 100+ have and average below 30 (only Buttler has 40+)Root has an average of 51.
    Root knew what was required and still didn’t up his rate.

All well and good when Buttler is at the other end striking at 150+.

My issue with Root is that he only has one gear unlike others who can put their foot down when they need to.

It frustrates the hell out of me watching us get behind the rate and still playing out dot balls.

From early on yesterday we were well behind the rate 923......that’s just bad game management.

Root knew what was required and still didn’t up his rate.

All well and good when Buttler is at the other end striking at 150+.

My issue with Root is that he only has one gear unlike others who can put their foot down when they need to.

It frustrates the hell out of me watching us get behind the rate and still playing out dot balls.

From early on yesterday we were well behind the rate 923......that’s just bad game management.
    When Root was out we were in front of the Pakistan score at the same stage. So not bad game management. Their tail enders went at 10 an over for the last few overs . I say again bad bowling and fielding cost us
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 05-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Terrible performance Phil, bad bowling, lots of misfields, looked like they hadn't played before at times.
    Buttler's innings was very good and although Root got a ton he was awful slow as a run a ball isn't good enough any more.
    Our fielding was a shambles that's what cost us the win Murphy like you said , worst I've seen for a long time ,

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)