+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Doesn’t matter what the Pakistan score was at the same time,stay on the required rate and don’t rely on needing a slog at the end.

923.......it’s not rocket science,you can see yourself falling miles off the rate as the overs go by!

I just think it was dozy in the extreme.

By the way,as a Yorkshireman I love Root.
    Have another look we wern't 'miles off the rate' when Root was out.. 100 off the last 11 overs with wickets in hand is par these days. Wouldn't have needed that many if Woakes & Archer hadn't bowled dross. Pakistani 8,9,10 had strike rates of 200,200,250. That is why we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Have another look we wern't 'miles off the rate' when Root was out.. 100 off the last 11 overs with wickets in hand is par these days. Wouldn't have needed that many if Woakes & Archer hadn't bowled dross. Pakistani 8,9,10 had strike rates of 200,200,250. That is why we lost.
    Batting second you know the score.

If you need 7 per over don’t put yourself in a position where you’ve scored 240 odd at 6 an over after 40 overs especially when you’ve lost your top 5.

As soon as Buttler goes out of a Root partnership you’re putting yourself under pressure.

If you’re 240-250 for 2 or 3 then more often than not Morgan/Stokes/Buttler or Roy/Bairstow will get you over the line at 10 an over if paired with Root.

It’s asking a lot to ask 8/9/10/11 to strike at that rate over a fair chunk of the innings.

This was a damaging defeat and leaves little wriggle room now.

Windies at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Windies at it again.
    Very dangerous side.

I don’t see us making the final four.

England will always bottle it when it really matters. I know these types of preds can always come back to bite ya but my top 4 would be India, West Indies Australia or NZ to win the World Cup.

My next 2 games Eng v Aus and Eng v WI.

My last 4 WI, India, NZ and winners of Aus v Eng. I go England. Australia playing ODI cricket as it was in 20125.

Wnners. England

I see India winning it.

Them,NZ,Australia and Pakistan or Windies in last four.

Regarding the Windies, get Gayle out early and you win the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Regarding the Windies, get Gayle out early and you win the game!
    Like England did in the 2016 T20 Final. Joe Root got both openers.

Reviewing Gayle dismissal as I type. Hit the stumps.Not Out!

And reviewing again for LBW. Not Out!

Both given out on the field!

And now Out!
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 06-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Doesn’t matter what the Pakistan score was at the same time,stay on the required rate and don’t rely on needing a slog at the end. 923.......it’s not rocket science,you can see yourself falling miles off the rate as the overs go by!
    I just think it was dozy in the extreme. By the way,as a Yorkshireman I love Root.
    You could have fooled me Mick lol. We could do with messrs Root & Bairstow playing a bit more for 'us' in our county side, but thats another argument altogether of course.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)