+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T West Bromwich Dartmouth Cricket Club

O/T West Bromwich Dartmouth Cricket Club

My 12yo grandson will be playing there on Thursday for Leicestershire U13's vs Warwickshire U13's.

If you have time on your hands and want to see some good lads all trying their best it starts at 11-00am.

Excellent GLM buddy. Does he bat or bowl ? You must be very proud.
    I played a couple of times for Birmingham Boys (colts under 15) early 1960s Opened the batting and scored 22 (Edgbaston nursery ground vs Coventry boys) and 12 n o.
    They picked the Warks Under 15 squad following these 2 matches .... I didn’t make it, but was invited to the Warks indoor nets.
    I wasn’t good enough !!

HI, hope you and your Grandson had a good day at the Dartmouth today.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Excellent GLM buddy. Does he bat or bowl ? You must be very proud.
    I played a couple of times for Birmingham Boys (colts under 15) early 1960s Opened the batting and scored 22 (Edgbaston nursery ground vs Coventry boys) and 12 n o.
    They picked the Warks Under 15 squad following these 2 matches .... I didn’t make it, but was invited to the Warks indoor nets.
    I wasn’t good enough !!
    A whole different ball game these days, two grandsons both going to nets and coaching as 9 years olds.

Thanks to you both for the good wishes.

In spite of losing the game which was a close run thing it was a good game to watch.

Batting at 8 the grandson made 29 out of a 117 total it didn't help losing a wicket first ball of the match.

Faired better with the ball, bowling 9 overs, 2 maidens and taking 3 for 15.

Once again saw some very good young cricketers on both sides.

Forgot to add the Dartmouth is a very nice club.

My memories of the Dartmouth go back to the summer of 68. Albion used to play a match against them and we had the had the chance to hold the FA CUP.

My memory is seeing Albion beat the Villa there, probably 1964 or 65 Got a lot of autographs that day.

Well done to your grandson GLM

Thanks Q, it was a tremendous game fielding from both sides was excellent great saves and chasing was brilliant.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)