+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

I think if you read the rumours we are actually after 20 strikers 15 midfilders and 10 defenders oh a just a couple of goalkeepers!! The agents are touting for Business but people are still putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Apparently were interested in Harry Wilson from Liverpool. Very good at Derby last season apparently.
    Bongo Don't go paying the £21million Liverpool are asking for Wilson he's not worth that much What he actually is a average player with a rocket shot in his left foot Not saying he's poor just not as good as some fans think He got some worldy goals for us but had games where is input was nil He lacks any pace no right foot and brushed of the ball so easily Think about it would Liverpool be selling a 22yr old if he was that good Klopps no fool

Interesting points. Let's hope we don't sign him then.

Jota, Hause & Ghastly along with links to Maupay, Benrahma & Bayliss. We're building a very good young side but at the same time upgrading the 9 who left.

Elghastly just signed for us.

No he didnt, he signed yesterday......��

I remember Elghazi coming on as a Sub at Norwich away, he was shocking, maybe the worst individual performance I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. Somehow he got his act together and I'm guessing Dean Smith had a lot to do with that turnaround.

Under Bruce, this guy would have been shot, Smith seems to have a knack of building peoples confidence. I must admit, i was not convinced by his performances at the start but feel like we have a steal at 8 million!!
    Bruce bombed out:
    Steer
    Hutton
    Taylor
    Elphick
    Green
    All these players came good just like Elghazi and a discarded Mings even Zebe improved. I just wonder what could have been done with Ross but i know im not going to win that one. Making Jack Captain was a master stroke!
    Anyway, Deano get Mings sorted now.

Jack Butland for £20m anyone?

I've rated him for a long long time, seems unfair on Steer - and for that matter Kalinic and Nyland. But I think we are all agreed that Nyland isn't any good.

So, would this story make sense? For me, it does...

We've seen that DS isn't overly sentimental when it comes to players. Already so many contracts not being extended including those who have helped us get back up to the PL.

I would like us to buy Butland, have Steer play in the cups and be number 2, Kalimic in reserve or loaned out and Nyland sold

I've not seen enough premier league football to judge him Sam. What I do know is we won't improve much without a good keeper. I've said it before, we haven't had a decent one since Friedal.
    If Butland can improve us in that area then why not. I'm not convinced with any keeper we have right now. We don't have time to gamble now. We need to hit the ground running or we will be into dog fight down the bottom. You know how impatient and toxic the villa fans can be. It was only a few months ago a few wanted Deano out.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)