+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Scary Article in the Mirror Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Scratches head - retentions are monies you don't pay the seller until you are satisfied all warranties have been met.
    What I meant was that as the parent company will be gone very soon, retentions are not going to suit Hardy in the slightest he will want every penny he can get right now out the buyers, even if he ends up with less overall.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    What I meant was that as the parent company will be gone very soon, retentions are not going to suit Hardy in the slightest he will want every penny he can get right now out the buyers, even if he ends up with less overall.
    Thanks for the clarification, what Hardy wants and what buyer will give him are probably two very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

I'd still wait to buy the company from the Adminstrators despite the points hike.
    Yep. I don't think any Notts fans are taking the National League for granted but I reckon investing a quarter of the money (wisely) you saved from picking the club up out of administration as opposed to buying it now would give you more than a decent shot at a season's consolidation, even with the points penalty and then look to build for promotion back within a year or two after that.

The problem with going into administration is we might not get the owners we want, the administrator will take the offer that gets the most money for the creditors.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    The problem with going into administration is we might not get the owners we want, the administrator will take the offer that gets the most money for the creditors.
    Is it open bidding if it goes into Admin? You'd like to think that the SAs would still be prepared to offer more than Smurthwaite/May/whatever fly by night that has a punt at it.

Maybe I'm misreading this but aren't the prospective owners stringing Hardy along until we get put in administration?

Why take on millions in debt when you can own the club for next to nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading this but aren't the prospective owners stringing Hardy along until we get put in administration?

Why take on millions in debt when you can own the club for next to nothing?
    They could try that tactic but as the poster above says the club goes to whoever offers most.

Tomorrow will tell us if the HMRC bill is going to be paid as AH said it would.

Lets be honest it looks like cowboys are going to be the owners next season and I include AH in that.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Lets be honest it looks like cowboys are going to be the owners next season and I include AH in that.
    We don't know who are going to be the owners, so it's hard to 'be honest' about anything of the sort really.

So so pleased I have NOT renewed my ST

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    They could try that tactic but as the poster above says the club goes to whoever offers most.

Tomorrow will tell us if the HMRC bill is going to be paid as AH said it would.

How do you get that? By following due process and not rushing into things they are cowboys? Last two owners rushed into it and also turned out to be cowboys, what does it take not to be a cowboy? 😂

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast