+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Schofield

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He probably is, but he was shocking and his confidence was in the gutter and needed removing from the firing line. The decision not to have a decent back up royally screwed us
    Both are not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Both are not good enough
    Neither are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm not so sure. For me, he didn't seem to have the basics of goalkeeping: the ability to command his area, and the physicality to not be bullied by the opposition. If he's to make it, he needs to learn these things and fast, and he needs to bulk up too. I wouldn't even say he's a great shot-stopper - some of the goals he conceded seemed to go right through him.
    David De Gea was weak and skinny when he went to Utd. But looked what happened with him.
    Not his best season this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    David De Gea was weak and skinny when he went to Utd. But looked what happened with him.
    Not his best season this year though.
    True, but if Schofield does indeed bulk up and turn into a top-class keeper, it doesn't really help us does it. The problem was relying on a skinny, inexperienced and, frankly, incapable keeper during the most important 5 months of the club's history.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    True, but if Schofield does indeed bulk up and turn into a top-class keeper, it doesn't really help us does it. The problem was relying on a skinny, inexperienced and, frankly, incapable keeper during the most important 5 months of the club's history.
    I hope you aren't blaming him for our demise, De Gea could have been in goal and we still would have gone down.

Thought it was to say he's coming back on a season long loan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12