+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What gets my goat....

What gets my goat....

I haven't posted on here for a long long time, I'm now one of those supporters who picks and chooses when I go to the games....anyway.

Personally I don't expect money to be splashed around, I don't expect big name signings, I don't even expect us to sign in-demand up and coming stars, but I wish we just heard some honesty.

We don't have the money to compete at Championship level and we never will unless some 'fairy godmother' suddenly appears with an overflowing pot of money, so why does the Chairman keep saying that money isn't an issue etc etc.

Lets just accept who we are and enjoy the ride.

Very simple phrase comes to mind “honesty doesn’t pay”

He’s going to keep using these lines because let’s face it “sorry chaps but your getting naff all for player” won’t increase the amount of season tickets sold

I thought that a pack of wolves was attacking local livestock.

Words are cheap - but marketing still has to be done - TS can't talk down the club - we want more sales sales sales. That will bring more revenue and help release funds. Thus far a shoestring budget has been accepted and relegation just collateral damage.

I agree, but the money sound bites help to sell season tickets

(Theoretically)

So we have a Chairman that speaks about the club with his heart and runs the club with his head. Im ok with that! I don't disbelieve him when he says the things he does but as yet he hasn't found a way of delivering on his words. but I am convinced he and his team is trying every possible angle. We failed last year but we will try again.

HIs job is to get his team to do the best they can with the resources they have. its absolutely not about limiting our success with talk of realistic expectations.

Lets explore the honesty point. imagine T S saying look guys we are a little club and have a little budget we can't compete with clubs in the championship therefore lets not get above our station and think we can. we should stick to level and enjoy league 1. if we are near promotion then lest cut back because it will be really hard to compete in the Championship.

what would the banter look like on MM if this was his viewpoint.

Do you honestly think what TS says will determine whether a fan will buy a season ticket?
    Once hooked on the miller's. Your hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Do you honestly think what TS says will determine whether a fan will buy a season ticket?
    Yes I do, some people support the club but don’t go to games not because of age or illness but because they don’t believe they are getting value for money. Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yes I do, some people support the club but don’t go to games not because of age or illness but because they don’t believe they are getting value for money. Sound familiar?
    Sound familiar!. Not really you answered your own question. it's not down to age or illness but value then it's money related.
    It doesn't matter what TS says if you can't afford to go then you don't.
    If you can afford to go and TS said I'm investing 20 million in players over next 3 years but season tickets are going up £150 would that be better value?

Football is a past time. It's a luxury item. If you can afford to go and enjoy going then you go. No matter what the chairman says

MacDonalds or Popeye's burger. I know which is better value

Yep..were all idiots who will buy in any event, mines auto renewal

Sound familiar!. Not really you answered your own question. it's not down to age or illness but value then it's money related.
    It doesn't matter what TS says if you can't afford to go then you don't.
    If you can afford to go and TS said I'm investing 20 million in players over next 3 years but season tickets are going up £150 would that be better value?

Football is a past time. It's a luxury item. If you can afford to go and enjoy going then you go. No matter what the chairman says

MacDonalds or Popeye's burger. I know which is better value
    Not really I was referring to their view on the club not the price of the tickets, as one of my neighbours said it’s like paying to watch a charity shop team, nothing bought only donated.

To be honest I can see why they feel that way part of me feels that way too only reason iv renewed is because I’d be bored without football and it’s a good excuse to see my friend from college
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 05-06-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast