+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dom Ball - What are your thoughts?

Dom Ball - What are your thoughts?

Have your say whether Dom Ball has been let down by the club or has he just been a failure to himself?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Have your say whether Dom Ball has been let down by the club or has he just been a failure to himself?
    I have watched Ball many times over last season and I cant understand why we sent him out on loan. The majority of games I have watched him play and against the likes of Rangers and Celtic he has been bloody good.

I think there may be some truth in warne being unable to control the ones who speak their minds and sometimes disagree, hes not a bad player at all what I have seen of him and also very versatile, he has played in a back 4 and infront of a back four and been very comfortable in both.

Too late now anyway its a player gone who I have watched and rate quite highly.

From what I’ve seen of him then I’d say the club have let him/themselves down, imo he was a decent player and we could’ve done with him at times.

Going on the rumours about his attitude then I’d say both the club and himself have let him down.

Going on the facts then.... we’ll that might tell a different story who knows

Saw him play a few games for Aberdeen, 1 good, 2 indifferent.

There'll be an expert along soon.

Can't say I'm bothered either way to be honest. On the few occasions I saw him play for us I thought he looked ok, nothing more, and he certainly had a mistake in him because he probably thought he was better than he was.
    I'll be interested to see if he goes on to have anything like the career he probably thinks he should have. Somehow I doubt it.
    Anyway he moves on, we move on and let's hope we can find someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Saw him play a few games for Aberdeen, 1 good, 2 indifferent.

There'll be an expert along soon.
    Love the expert bit, you are spot on we all have our own opinions. lol

Nothing to see here move on as they say.
    Imo he was a wrong signing don’t think we did our homework on him.
    Average player not a great attitude from what you hear.

Should probably have been given a chance with us but as it is, it's a complete waste of a 3 year contract. Same goes for Purrington.

Always seemed steady when I’ve seen him play. I would have kept him an given him a run in the team. Never given a chance like Purrington. Poor management

Can't remember Dom Ball ever having a MoM type game. He was vaguely ok, but always looked likely to make errors. Typical lower division type player. Always thought Thorpe looked slightly better. Dom Ball, coming from Spurs, may have been on decent wages, so offloaded? Who knows? Never really lived up to expectations when playing for us.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-06-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast