Get your very own personalised Views from the Kop gifts!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: South Africans to return on Monday

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It always was wasn't it?
    Must have missed that bit.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Must have missed that bit.
    I was reported that only one or two are from South Africa with some being presumably from Britain

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    You will notice I wasnt claiming to know anymore than is out in the public domain. I am not claiming to know the deal is off and fallen through, unlike some on here who have no idea at all.
    Then please tell us what the initials in your name stand for.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,343
    People have no choice but to be patient. Unless you have millions to invest you cant do anything about it. What will be will be.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,555
    Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    People have no choice but to be patient. Unless you have millions to invest you cant do anything about it. What will be will be.
    It's starting to bore me now. I don't think we should be selling our arses so cheaply. If these ****ers can't show Notts supporters a bit of respect, they should do one. The club is as good as dead anyway.

    ITK my arse.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 05-06-2019 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's starting to bore me now. I don't think we should be selling our arses so cheaply. If these ****ers can't show Notts supporters a bit of respect, they should do one. The club is as good as dead anyway.

    ITK my arse.
    Patience is a virtue. We know almost zero and as to who is to 'blame' for the delay if blame is even a correct word who knows. Thew whole situation for a sale is very complex with people from overseas, mediators who are unwell, a basketcase chairman, a middle company that owns assets that has the administrator chasing it and a complex lease arrangement surrounding Meadow Lane and all the rumours surrounding that. Very complex. A lot of boxes to tick and if things fall out of whack it quickly spirals I have been in these situations before on a smaller scale. Lets see what happens. We have a motivated seller and motivated buyers by all accounts and that what is really needed to get this thing over the line.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,384
    You'll have to have a rethink;what sort of a conspiracy theory is that?

  8. #28
    I would have thought Ollie wold have snapped their hands off by now. Beggars can't be choosers. He must be in a serious financial mess. If he lets our wonderful club fall then God help him.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,649
    Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Patience is a virtue. We know almost zero and as to who is to 'blame' for the delay if blame is even a correct word who knows. Thew whole situation for a sale is very complex with people from overseas, mediators who are unwell, a basketcase chairman, a middle company that owns assets that has the administrator chasing it and a complex lease arrangement surrounding Meadow Lane and all the rumours surrounding that. Very complex. A lot of boxes to tick and if things fall out of whack it quickly spirals I have been in these situations before on a smaller scale. Lets see what happens. We have a motivated seller and motivated buyers by all accounts and that what is really needed to get this thing over the line.
    I agree with Bohinen... itís a farce. ST sales have fallen through the floor because of the lack of information about who is or who isnít taking over the ownership of the club. I donít care how complex the takeover is, if you treat the people who support the club with disdain, then you have broken the first rule. Iíve never seen a takeover with such cloak of secrecy about it... never.

    My personal view is this.... this takeover is clearly NOT about owning a football club. The football club is secondary to the negotiations and as such, needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Developers are developers... they donít give a fcuk about football and particularly not a tired old, worn out club like ours. Seem to me that both parties are nothing but a flock of opportunistic vultures, ready to pick at the bones of NCFC.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I agree with Bohinen... it’s a farce. ST sales have fallen through the floor because of the lack of information about who is or who isn’t taking over the ownership of the club. I don’t care how complex the takeover is, if you treat the people who support the club with disdain, then you have broken the first rule. I’ve never seen a takeover with such cloak of secrecy about it... never.

    My personal view is this.... this takeover is clearly NOT about owning a football club. The football club is secondary to the negotiations and as such, needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Developers are developers... they don’t give a fcuk about football and particularly not a tired old, worn out club like ours. Seem to me that both parties are nothing but a flock of opportunistic vultures, ready to pick at the bones of NCFC.
    I hope you are completely wrong, but it should surely be unacceptable that we don't know. The FA have got to look seriously at the ownership model they have allowed to develop at football 'clubs'. I regard NCFC as an important institution in the fabric of the Nottingham area and football as a whole in this country. It cannot be right that such an institution should be at the whim of mavericks like Hardy, or possibly the next owners if they are merely property developers.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I hope you are completely wrong, but it should surely be unacceptable that we don't know. The FA have got to look seriously at the ownership model they have allowed to develop at football 'clubs'. I regard NCFC as an important institution in the fabric of the Nottingham area and football as a whole in this country. It cannot be right that such an institution should be at the whim of mavericks like Hardy, or possibly the next owners if they are merely property developers.

    Sadly it is not an institution but a business and there is no sentiment in business

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,419
    Does anyone else think that it's a bit harsh to start attacking the potential new owners before they have even become the actual new owners or is it just me?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Sadly it is not an institution but a business and there is no sentiment in business
    That's my point, the FA should not allow institutions to be owned like businesses

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,343
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone else think that it's a bit harsh to start attacking the potential new owners before they have even become the actual new owners or is it just me?
    Its not just you. Its a manifestation of frustration and decades of bad ownership at Notts I am afraid. Its getting to the point where less and less people actually remember what a good owner is and as such the instant reaction is to be a negative nancy. Its not correct but its understandable.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,419
    Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its not just you. Its a manifestation of frustration and decades of bad ownership at Notts I am afraid. Its getting to the point where less and less people actually remember what a good owner is and as such the instant reaction is to be a negative nancy. Its not correct but its understandable.
    Yes sadly it is. Let's hope that for once, as a fanbase, we are pleasantly surprised out of our long-held but understandable suspicion and cynicism.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,343
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes sadly it is. Let's hope that for once, as a fanbase, we are pleasantly surprised out of our long-held but understandable suspicion and cynicism.
    Swale only time will tell. I have a few decades left yet I hope so lets see. Im not expecting a lot I did slightly raise my eyebrows at the suggestion of a plying budget increase. I wonder who is feeding Leigh this stuff.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone else think that it's a bit harsh to start attacking the potential new owners before they have even become the actual new owners or is it just me?
    Itís hard to attack someone when you have no idea who they are, what their intentions are and if they in reality even exist as a serious contender.

    This is very much like brexit, it started with a bunch of lies and idiotic plans which a lot of folk bought in to, led by a deluded fool unable to deliver any promises despite it costing a fortune. No one wants to leader to remain, everyone is sick of the uncertainty and just want it done with.

    qldpie is bang on the money when he says is created out of previous mistrust.

    The last decent owner (imho Pavis) had periods of rough times and was criticised heavily. Dunnett too had his moments (roeder)

    So the question is, who would want to be the owner of Notts County and why?

    Weíve reason to be suspicious.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone else think that it's a bit harsh to start attacking the potential new owners before they have even become the actual new owners or is it just me?
    Yes.
    They were the saviours a few weeks ago because they werenít Alan Hardy and now theyíre villains because the takeover is taking longer than expected so they must be hiring the bulldozers as we speak.

    We know nowt so thereís nowt to say.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I agree with Bohinen... itís a farce. ST sales have fallen through the floor because of the lack of information about who is or who isnít taking over the ownership of the club. I donít care how complex the takeover is, if you treat the people who support the club with disdain, then you have broken the first rule. Iíve never seen a takeover with such cloak of secrecy about it... never.

    My personal view is this.... this takeover is clearly NOT about owning a football club. The football club is secondary to the negotiations and as such, needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Developers are developers... they donít give a fcuk about football and particularly not a tired old, worn out club like ours. Seem to me that both parties are nothing but a flock of opportunistic vultures, ready to pick at the bones of NCFC.
    Surely that's pure conjecture. Did you notice Fawaz court case against the new owners of Rushcliffe Rovers the other week? Won around £4.5m plus costs. - That suggests all wasn't done well with the Florest takeover, in the sense that the new owners believed these were costs they shouldn't have to pay. Fawaz clearly thought they should, and the judge agreed. Shows how complicated a takeover is. Our potential new owners wouldn't want a shock of taking over the club for an agreed price and then finding hidden extra debts. Then there is the complication of the City Council and Hayden Green Trust with the ground.

    I'm not convinced by the suggested property development angle. We have an excellent stadium, and limited scope for additional development on the land, even with everyone agreeing to it. Of course if new owners want to build a state of the art 60,000 seater stadium with monorail, and a car park on the (former) city ground, I won't personally object....

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,476
    I think I saw somewhere the SA consortium has exclusivity over a deal at this time. If so I would expect their visit next week to have the intention of getting the deal done.

    I'm assuming AH is after a deal that pays him in full what he wants (£7m?), if that is the case the consortium probably want him to make sure he uses the money to clear certain debts, otherwise the offer would be vastly reduced and spread out over a number of years.

    If the former has been agreed the club and new owners would be debt free, if they are meeting investors next week then that would indicate a single payment and if AH is sensible there is no reason it can't be done by end of the week?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •