+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africans to return on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It always was wasn't it?
    Must have missed that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Must have missed that bit.
    I was reported that only one or two are from South Africa with some being presumably from Britain

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    You will notice I wasnt claiming to know anymore than is out in the public domain. I am not claiming to know the deal is off and fallen through, unlike some on here who have no idea at all.
    Then please tell us what the initials in your name stand for.

People have no choice but to be patient. Unless you have millions to invest you cant do anything about it. What will be will be.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    People have no choice but to be patient. Unless you have millions to invest you cant do anything about it. What will be will be.
    It's starting to bore me now. I don't think we should be selling our arses so cheaply. If these ****ers can't show Notts supporters a bit of respect, they should do one. The club is as good as dead anyway.

ITK my arse.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 05-06-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's starting to bore me now. I don't think we should be selling our arses so cheaply. If these ****ers can't show Notts supporters a bit of respect, they should do one. The club is as good as dead anyway.

ITK my arse.
    Patience is a virtue. We know almost zero and as to who is to 'blame' for the delay if blame is even a correct word who knows. Thew whole situation for a sale is very complex with people from overseas, mediators who are unwell, a basketcase chairman, a middle company that owns assets that has the administrator chasing it and a complex lease arrangement surrounding Meadow Lane and all the rumours surrounding that. Very complex. A lot of boxes to tick and if things fall out of whack it quickly spirals I have been in these situations before on a smaller scale. Lets see what happens. We have a motivated seller and motivated buyers by all accounts and that what is really needed to get this thing over the line.

You'll have to have a rethink;what sort of a conspiracy theory is that?

I would have thought Ollie wold have snapped their hands off by now. Beggars can't be choosers. He must be in a serious financial mess. If he lets our wonderful club fall then God help him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Patience is a virtue. We know almost zero and as to who is to 'blame' for the delay if blame is even a correct word who knows. Thew whole situation for a sale is very complex with people from overseas, mediators who are unwell, a basketcase chairman, a middle company that owns assets that has the administrator chasing it and a complex lease arrangement surrounding Meadow Lane and all the rumours surrounding that. Very complex. A lot of boxes to tick and if things fall out of whack it quickly spirals I have been in these situations before on a smaller scale. Lets see what happens. We have a motivated seller and motivated buyers by all accounts and that what is really needed to get this thing over the line.
    I agree with Bohinen... it’s a farce. ST sales have fallen through the floor because of the lack of information about who is or who isn’t taking over the ownership of the club. I don’t care how complex the takeover is, if you treat the people who support the club with disdain, then you have broken the first rule. I’ve never seen a takeover with such cloak of secrecy about it... never.

My personal view is this.... this takeover is clearly NOT about owning a football club. The football club is secondary to the negotiations and as such, needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Developers are developers... they don’t give a fcuk about football and particularly not a tired old, worn out club like ours. Seem to me that both parties are nothing but a flock of opportunistic vultures, ready to pick at the bones of NCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I agree with Bohinen... it’s a farce. ST sales have fallen through the floor because of the lack of information about who is or who isn’t taking over the ownership of the club. I don’t care how complex the takeover is, if you treat the people who support the club with disdain, then you have broken the first rule. I’ve never seen a takeover with such cloak of secrecy about it... never.

My personal view is this.... this takeover is clearly NOT about owning a football club. The football club is secondary to the negotiations and as such, needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves. Developers are developers... they don’t give a fcuk about football and particularly not a tired old, worn out club like ours. Seem to me that both parties are nothing but a flock of opportunistic vultures, ready to pick at the bones of NCFC.
    I hope you are completely wrong, but it should surely be unacceptable that we don't know. The FA have got to look seriously at the ownership model they have allowed to develop at football 'clubs'. I regard NCFC as an important institution in the fabric of the Nottingham area and football as a whole in this country. It cannot be right that such an institution should be at the whim of mavericks like Hardy, or possibly the next owners if they are merely property developers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast