+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: South Africans to return on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone else think that it's a bit harsh to start attacking the potential new owners before they have even become the actual new owners or is it just me?
    I expect that when the new owners reveal themselves and set out their intentions and ambitions for Notts County, there will be another outburst of criticism and cynicism from some posters on these boards. But we should all remember three things...

1. Everyone should be given a fair chance to prove themselves.
    2. No owner that we get is going to be perfect.
    3. The most important thing is that they keep Notts County going.

From what little I know at the moment, the SA lot look quite promising, because it seems they are likely to deliver the much needed training ground.

But why go to the bother of assigning the debt to Hardy? (if it even can be done?) . Why not just pay the quid and take on the debt with a clause for contingent liabilities? Or am I being particularly obtuse?
    Fact is, it's all just guesswork. We really have no clue as to the substance of anything we have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    But why go to the bother of assigning the debt to Hardy? (if it even can be done?) . Why not just pay the quid and take on the debt with a clause for contingent liabilities? Or am I being particularly obtuse?
    Fact is, it's all just guesswork. We really have no clue as to the substance of anything we have heard.
    I would imagine there is a list of creditors that has been made available to the buyers. If AH wants a lump sum deal then it is not beyond likely that the buyers would insist on him personally taking responsibility for some of that debt. Again, this might work out better for AH than a deal over many years with a small up front payment. All guesswork of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    All guesswork of course!!
    Jolly good guesswork though methinks

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Jolly good guesswork though methinks
    Ssshhhh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    What do we make of this?

“But after analysing documents from the club's solictors, Gateleys, it is understood Pritchard's team will now meet investors in London on Monday as they continue to push ahead with plans for the National League club.”

Is it an Anglo-South African Consortium now?
    It says Pritchard's team will meet the investors in London, not meet investors from London. At a guess I'd imagine there aren't many direct flights from South Africa to East Midlands Airport but Charter HCP is also based in London (and Gateleys have an office there) so why would they meet anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I would imagine there is a list of creditors that has been made available to the buyers. If AH wants a lump sum deal then it is not beyond likely that the buyers would insist on him personally taking responsibility for some of that debt. Again, this might work out better for AH than a deal over many years with a small up front payment. All guesswork of course!!
    "The final warranty, and representation made by the seller is that there are no claims, liens, or other encumbrances on the rights or, property that is being sold"

Obviously there is no property , but it's a standard clause, easily amended to any other " assets"

We just have to trust the courts were given solid proof of a takeover.

They also may not be living in South Africa either they could be flying in from anywhere in Europe for example I think its safe to rule out the chicken mob no chance is it them.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    They also may not be living in South Africa either they could be flying in from anywhere in Europe for example I think its safe to rule out the chicken mob no chance is it them.
    Is this baste on anything or just a peri peri random thought? Sauce?

I heard they were flying in from Turkey, and the meeting was in Peckham.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast